1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi R8 - Attainable Supercar?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I forgot about that.

2. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

1994 RX-7 at $42,500 . . . ? Ouch. Nice cars, but . . . . I had a 1980 which was a great car, until I got t-boned in the side by an idjit running a red light. Front end got a bit light and wanted to wander at 90 mph+. But, the rotary engine was most excellent. 100K trouble free miles.

Cheers,

Dave

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If it stays there (no chance of that), that's a great deal. A low-mileage Supra sold for $121k on Bring a Trailer this winter.

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Clearly those that were in their teens when these cars were new now have good paying jobs and a desire to relive their youth. :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Apparently . . . . "Great deal" is all in the eyes, and pocketbook, of the beholder.

Cheers,

Dave

6. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Yep. If my dad had the money he’d be at mecum every time a cuda went up to relive his childhood. He crashed his after owning it only 30 days when he was in high school.

Not a lot of cars from my high school days would get me too excited. Only ones I’d look to get and rebuild would be a late 80s/early 90s 5.0 mustang and an S10 with a 350 in it.

Good thing I don’t have a big garage or I’d had a lot of stuff that I don’t need.

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

87-93 GT mustang is on my list of must have cars in my life. Sofa king sweet.

zamboiv likes this.
  8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

My longtime retirement dream was to buy one of those replica Cobra kit cars (FFR) they sell for about $12K with my son......back when this dream first began, I foolishly thought it could be done for under $20K. Then I discovered the common more realistic amount builders were quoting was closer to twice that for a real nice build. :eek:

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fun to drive flappy paddle cars I've had never required two full revolutions for anything much less a corner on a road. Can't remember having to go hand over hand in any turning really. Not 1/2 turn but still never had to move my hands.

10. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

I drove the Convertible uprated one and the exhaust note was amazing, but it was relatively slow, or I just like turbo cars, but it was very underwhelming in every aspect except exhaust noise.

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Real chick cars are MUVs or Milf Utility Vehicles. Most SUVs are geared towards women now, and 1/2 tons are geared towards going to Whole Foods.

bored&stroked likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That are soccer mom vehicles, thats different than chick cars. I do like the MUV designation even if most aren't remotely milfs :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Speaking of chick cars and 90's imports, what happened to the Celica Coupe? That girl always had a bottle of vodka in the car :crackup:

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Cudas...I was 18, had 3 grand saved up from working at a supermarket. Told Dad I was going to buy a car...a '69 Cuda with a 440 six pack...convertible, no less! His only answer was no. So I pestered and told him I had the insurance covered (I didn't)....no. Finally I told him I didn't need his permission. Never saw the hay-maker coming. When I came to I didn't buy the car. :eek:

speedluvn and blkduc like this.
  16. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

She's probably hanging out with the girl that drove a Honda Del Sol.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

problem is, our local WF just repainted the parking lot and the bays are now smaller , like for Priuses and sedans. i started parking my truck in the far back.

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Out here they are MAV's, or mormon assault vehicle's. Which is ironic, because if you had to stereotype a mormon mom, it would be a hot skinny blonde.

19. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I can't even go through most new atm lanes at the bank in my Tundra. And the other half I can fit in I need to fold in my mirror.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

It’s passive aggressive harassment against us bigger vehicle drivers. Call it discrimination

Bruce likes this.