1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi R8 - Attainable Supercar?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 15, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m not talking about the paddles on an accord :crackup:

And unless I’m parallel parking, I don’t think I’ve ever turned my wheel more than 90 degrees from center.

2. Could be faster. I can keep up with them in my V8 Supercar-lite.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Which by BMW's own definition at one point means they aren't really M cars. M is now purely a marketing exercise.

4. Agreed. Which is why my next car will not be a BMW, even though I love my current car.

5. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Can we see picture of this V8 Supercar-lite that can keep up with a Carrera GT.

6. Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

An M3 anything will not keep up with a 600hp V10 Porsche.

Prospect likes this.
  8. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

9. Never said I could outrun them. I chase them like a dog chasing cars. It‘s fun, because most people who own them can’t use what they have.

10. I think I said that. Real supercars CAN go faster than mine.

11. bored&stroked

You said sure to the question about seeing the car that keeps up with carrera GT's.
    Its like my F4i. Its beaten many bikes down the strait that should have 20hp or more then it does. Does that mean it can really keep up, or the riders sucked?

12. Ok, which is it?

13. Venom51

So much of the design language of that car got transferred to the Cayman/Boxster platform and they are better looking for it. Not as pretty as the GT but not definitely not ugly.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ha! I had that exact color and year.....seeing what they're selling for these days gives me heartburn.

BigBird likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I want nothing to do with a rotary RX-7. Find me one with a good straight chassis, a manual, a decent interior, and a blown motor so I can swap it.

17. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

personally, every chance I get!!! I may not have a supercar, but I have a 800hp camaro, and rolling through second and hitting 3rd, letting it spool up and start lighting up the rear at 70mph is waaayyyyy too much fun. downshifting and hearing that electric cut out popping exhaust...addictive. too addictive, that's why its got the tranny out and keeps costing me a fortune lol .

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've seen Veyron's, Huayra's, LaFerrari all sorts of exotica but I can't recall Carrera GT being present at a concours and certainly never on a racetrack. Not a very popular supercar in this part of the world.

19. Venom51

That's because it's not very popular with the "look at me, look at me...I desperately need your attention and approval" crowd.

Prospect likes this.
  20. bored&stroked

And everyone is afraid of them now that Paul Walker was killed in one.

BigBird and XFBO like this.