1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage electric bikes and cars coming soon

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, you know how much cars cost to buy.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Should I run out and buy a Model 3 so I can save money not driving the high performance beetle? :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You've compared your Tesla to all of the econo boxes out there? Huh, missed that post.

4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

If the numbers work in the cars favor then by all means go for it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True but upkeep can vary wildly. Like Evelyne trading hers in rather than putting new tires on it :crackup:

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

High-performance electric beetles are coming soon. :D

7. Venom51

I know and I would buy one but I am too busy enjoying all the money I saved buying this one. :D

I will say that might work out in my favor if I were to stop driving the current high performance beetle and wait until they aren't available anymore. It could turn out to be a money maker.

8. Trunxgp1224

When I made the purchase I did compare it to my truck, diesel car, civc/ Carolla sized cars and hybrids, or just keeping the EV I already had.

what's the point in running the numbers for the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 carolla when they are all around the same? I ran the numbers for the most efficient one and then compared it to the price for the older ones, Even the older ones with the efficiency of the newer ones the numbers still didn't come out in the gas cars favor. Again, I'm all for getting something that saves more money but you haven't provided an alternative that will yet.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:offtopic: From all the time spent on your various beetle forums and clubs, have there been, put your knowledge, GT3/GT3RS lumps transplanted? Damn, that would be the ultimate package.

10. Venom51

Continuing to drive the electric one you owned would have done it.

11. Venom51

Not into the Cayman platform. I'd agree for track use. In the traffic light gran prix it isn't usable because of where the power is made. You really gotta spin that motor to 9000 to make it work. Oddly the little turbo 4 wins the drivability around town game. Sounds like shit but makes reasonable torque low in the rev range. Even the GT4 motor doesn't really do anything fantastic until it crosses the 5k mark on the dial.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That would be cool.

13. Trunxgp1224

Except the current one could only be used for about 30-40% of my driving. The first gen Leaf didn’t have that much of a range so I was still driving the truck more often. And I actually made $3k flipping that car so

14. Venom51

Jesus you struggle with math...no instead of $49k you spent $46k on the new car....

15. Trunxgp1224

Well according to you I didn't because the car still cost 49, because the bill said 49. The bill didn't say 46 just because I sold a car elsewhere. Just like your saying my mortgage isn't any less because of the rental income.

16. Venom51

It's only less if you are putting that rent money back towards the principle. I believe I acknowledged it would get you to a paid off position in a shorter time span.

17. Trunxgp1224

Except the house is at 3%, the car is at 2% and even my basic investments are 5-6%. So I put the extra money into those investments and I'm making 2-3% by borrowing the money instead of spending the money. So i'm not putting anything toward the principal.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Time out....when someone gets a chance, please give me a brief synopsis on the ROE for this fustercluck.

19. Venom51

Leave us alone we are entertaining ourselves arguing financial semantics.

Metalhead likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

I suppose someone had to ghey up this thread by mentioning the Beetle. :D