1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage electric bikes and cars coming soon

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Simply glossing over the fact that not spending $7000/year for years to recover the $49k spend on the car is not the same as saving $7000 a year. That doesn't happen until year 8.

2. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I compared a current DD to a future DD, how would I know if I'm saving money if I didn't compare my current DD?

Give me an example of another econobox I should have included.

Tell me what expenses I glossed over on the EV and inflated on others, I keep asking this and no one seems to answer.

Did I save money on fuel and maintenance or not?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

4. Trunxgp1224

Good to know you don't actually have an answer.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW I could have told you that you'd save money buying a Yugo over your truck. Or a smaller truck. Or most any sedan made within the last decade. Or any number of vehicles. That has never been the slightest bit in question.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good to know you still can't see what I'm talking about. It truly is hilarious.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I feel like tossing a chum bomb in here but I'm not reading the posts, so I would never get to find out what gear that kicks the discussion into. :D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Really only been in drive on a CVT car :D

9. Trunxgp1224

But would it have saved me as much as I'm saving now? If not, then I wouldn't have looked at it vs an EV unless it provided a feature I felt was worth it.

Still waiting to know which numbers I over/under inflated

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Ludicrous mode apparently.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still say CVT, lack of acceleration and really boring as you go along.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Depends...was your electric wonder perfect for 8 years and never needed any tires, breaks, tie rod ends, wheel bearings or anything not covered under warranty? Have you stopped driving the truck all together for 8 years? Let me know when you get there and we'll discuss the results. Send me a PM in year 8.

13. Trunxgp1224

It'll need cheaper tires, probably won't need brakes for a very long time since the brakes are really only used below 15mph or so. Anything else would be an expense transferred from one vehicle to the next. Instead of needing rod-ends for the truck I would need them on the car. Instead of needing tires on the truck I'd need them on the car, instead of needing wheeling bearings on the truck I'd need them on the car. So the cost isn't increased by having two vehicles it's transferred if anything and at a longer interval, usually at a lower cost.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ooooohhhhhh - swing and a miss since you keep saying truck :crackup:

Tires for the Yugo cost much less than those for the truck, can't compare the two.

15. Trunxgp1224

You cartianly can compare them, how much does one cost and how much does the other cost, see we can compare them.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, but it's not viable or logical to do so in order to prove how great an EV is. You know, like some on here are doing.

Using your logic my Tahoe is the best vehicle ever made since it's so much better than the RV as a DD.

17. Trunxgp1224

If you only had your RV, like I only had my truck, then you are correct, The tahoe would most likely be a great purchase.

18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Ya, but if you had an RV you could sell your house, and live in the RV. Think of the money you'd save.

Chris and badmoon692008 like this.
  19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

This thread makes me want to stomp a kitten. Too much maff and shit.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and then I could prattle on about how great it was since it gets better than 7mpg and tires are cheaper and it only needs one battery not 6 and oil changes aren't 200 bucks. That would prove just how economical and wonderful Tahoes are.