1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage electric bikes and cars coming soon

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I did, but then I got the house with the detached apartment thing and rent that out, my 4bed 3 bath house then costs me about $500/mth and I'm building equity into it, unless someone is going to tell me because I haven't paid off the house I'm not actually making any money from renting out the apartment.

Compared to the RV, the tahoe is a wonderfully economical choice. I'm glad you drive that around instead of the RV everywhere.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's more than wonderful, it's the bestest ever because it's more economical than the RV.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Trunxgp1224

It's certainly more economical and I'm glad it meets all of your needs to get you around.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's even better that he is saving $100,000 over the life of the vehicle.

Chris likes this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

As much as I'm enjoying this thread I don't know where the hell you're getting your numbers. I can find a handful of Volts for mid-teens pricing that have well less than 100k miles and are only 4 or 5 years old... and you can buy a brand new leaf for less than $25k with the rebate, so I'm not sure where that number is coming from either.

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

In Canada? Admittedly I only spent about 5 minutes searching kijiji in Ontario, so maybe my #'s are off a bit, but they're close enough for this comparison.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/chevy-volt/k0l9004?dc=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-cars-trucks/ontario/nissan-leaf/k0c174l9004?origin=rs I might have been a bit high on the leafs, but those cheap ones are 7 years old....

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-cars-trucks/ontario/prius/k0c174l9004?origin=rs

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

If your numbers were in Canadian wooden nickels then it makes more sense... we're talking dollars here... and I guess if posting brand new loaded prices + and using them to argue about used prices is "close enough" then sure they are...
    Edit: Holy shit I haven't had to use Canadian dollars in a long while, you guys are really getting fucked on the exchange rate lately aren't you.

9. Trunxgp1224

Pretty far from 40K

Volt.jpg

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Trunxgp1224

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Until the house is paid off then technically you aren't. You are however reducing your monthly exspenses and perhaps getting to a paid off position happen faster. That is provided you aren't funneling that money into a car payment.

12. Trunxgp1224

Depends, I was in Edmonton 2 weeks ago and the Canadian prices are about what I'd have expected to pay in USD for something I bought in America. A meal I'd expect to pay 15USD for I paid 15CAD for, of course when I did the conversion of .75:1 I came out on top. Unless Canadian wages are substantially lower than US wages then yea they're getting screwed. But you know, single payer health care should make up for that, right?

13. Trunxgp1224

Well fuck, I should have bought a million dollar home then instead of mine because either way I won't save money for 30years :rolleyes:

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Those volt prices are much lower than ones I found in my 5 minutes of searching. They make the volts much more comparable and attractive to say a Chevy cruze. Used vs used on a 4-5 year old car of the same years, and mileage, you'd be looking at a 3-5 year payback ignoring all other metrics besides gas.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ahhh, fuck it: you can tell me later who this sides with and where it fits in this drawn-out discussion. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmm, have to run the numbers, might be more than that :D

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was trying to stay on the conservative side so that the numbers would be believable. I wouldn't want to overstate my case.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Understandable, always good to be realistic in these comparisons :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Neither since we all know that per mile not factoring anything else in electric is cheaper :D

20. Trunxgp1224

The charging effeciency is 95-97% when charging on 240v systems. at 95% his fill-up would be $7.89 or $25 a month $308 for the year but what ever on that. Even with his numbers he states you'd have to have a car with 60mpg to match the EV.

Still waiting on you to tell me the numbers I over/under rated.

If you'd tell me what I didn't factor in to any of the above posts, I'll gladly re run the numbers.