1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sounds good guys. If you all want, and since I would have your paypal email address, I could send a reminder on Thursdays before race weekend via email with a simple header like "REMINDER GP RACE WEEKEND -- MAKE PICKS" if you think it would help. You can ask the chronic miss-ers, though -- they know its race weekend; they just either aren't available to monitor qualifying, or they get busy with other stuff and brainfart.

Crap, if we keep getting folks and the pot balloons, Papa is gonna want back in...
    All good.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'm in - I'll be an easy 50 if I do as bad as I did in the F1 league last year.

3. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

4. dsapsis

Awesome, guys.

So far we are at: dsapsis, BigBird, Phil218, badmoon692008, Dan Dubeau, 10MM and jonanthanp, jksoft, metricdevil, chino5248, and motorkas on the confirmed, and ScottyRock, Eggfoo and sbk1198 possible.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That's a juicy pot. Gonna be great converting that back into CDN money in November :)

Not if you catch it within the edit window ;) lol

6. dsapsis

Dan -- here is a tip: What you write down here is permanent. :D

7. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I like that idea. What the hell....i'm in! I've lost more than 50 bucks on worse stuff. At least this will be somewhat fun and competitive :D

9. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

can an aussie play too? if so, i'll go in.

10. dsapsis

For sure, mate. Just be prepared that when you score big someone might claim you have an advantage due to time differentials. But don't worry, we'll make fun of 'em.

BigBird likes this.
  11. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

In!

I think if you get enough players, you should consider paying the top 3 or so. Keep some level of interest for the late rounds when 1st place might be out of reach.

Phl218, SuddenBraking and sbk1198 like this.
  12. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

It can only work on others favours :P

All good.

I'm in :D

I'll pm you for paypal etc

13. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I was hoping more people would join, chances of winning goes down but it's more enjoyable. I'm in.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

not if you bet right :D

15. ScottyRock155

We both know that we'll forget to enter our lineups before the halfway point, but I like your optimistic outlook.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

luckily they updated the mobile interface mid-season 2018. before that, i had to call my buddy in germany, to log into my account and place the bets for me (from the lounge in Austin) ... LOL i didn't forget per se, just had different priorities (open bar)...

yeah, i will def. do the safety- pick thing after each race. better 60 points than 0.

17. dsapsis

OK, i'm not really pointing this out, but since we have had trouble recruiting players in the past, what has changed?
    A lead marketer?
    Players so far (fixed some names): dsapsis, BigBird, Phil218, badmoon692008, Dan Dubeau, 10MM, jonanthanp, jksoft, metricdevilmoto, chino52405, motorkas, SuddenBraking, crazymofo, Greenhound386, sbk1198 and ScottyRock, are in leaving only lonely Eddie Eggfoo on the fence. That is 16 players in, as of now.

There is no doubt this is the largest pool of players we've ever had. An idea: If the group, by majority vote, wishes to change the payout structure to keep it more interesting as the season gets near-end, I think that might be a good idea. I believe the previous thinking with a winner-take-all format was modeled after the championship itself (nobody remembers Dani's seconds) but I don't want players turned off by being out of it too early. I am also completely fine with as is, and wouldn't want more than winners going back to 3rd at the most. Open for thoughts. I do think its unlikely that one player will take a commanding lead, but the converse may very well be true: a number of players are out of it by round 13 or so due to either very poor play or missed rounds.

This is gonna be a gas this year. Hope the rookies do well. Go Pecco! Go Quarto! Go Oliveira!

18. ScottyRock155

16 players is $800, I think we should do something like $500/$200/$100 to keep interest up. Winner take all makes sense with a smaller group but 3rd place payout will help keep people interested.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'm down for whatever gets decided. Winner take all or payout top 3 with 3rd getting money back, second doubling money.

We used to do a hockey playoff pool that was like that $20 buy in, only last place got $5, so they could at least buy a beer and drown their sorrows. I "won" that $5 one time lol.

I don't know what changed other than the fact that I actually have money this time around. 2018 was a good year, and when this popped up I said what the hell I feel like gambling.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

at 800 the third place option makes sense , even if it lowers my winning pot :D