1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

They millenialed up the website again, so all the developers could have been tied up making BNG for the last couple weeks and havn't had time to get the fantasy league up and running.

2. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I've done similar where you make picks for MotoGP, WorldSBK, and BSB... you have a fixed budget each week, and only two transfers per week. I really liked it, and you had to plan ahead a bit especially when all 3 were racing in one weekend.

Phil Wilkinson likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

so the developer for motogoat.net got back to me, I responded that if he can do 15, then we may join, and directed him to here. so let's see where it goes.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  4. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

We made number 6 on google search for MotoGP fantasy league search

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

Count me in! I can't find anything on their website yet. Do you have to do WSB and BSB? Or can we just do Moto GP?

6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

The plan is to just do motogp.
    We wait for the motogp site to show its colors while working on some conditional options.
    I'll compile the appended list of players tonight (hopefully).

7. dsapsis

Sorry, I missed this. I picked Vale to finish 7th and he finished 13th. I get three points for his finish. If I would have picked him 14th, Id have gotten 2 points.

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You could just have a shareable spreadsheet, via Google Docs for example, and people can go in there and make their predictions. They can change however many times they want, but then a certain time before race start (say 2 hours for example), you lock the spreadsheet so nobody can edit anymore. Then you don't have to worry about time stamps and people cheating. Only person that could cheat is you, or the originator of the spreadsheet, but then you'll have a bunch of angry WERA forum members posting up another "buyer beware" thread and calling your out for being a dirty cheater and your life will be ruined! :D

Also, if they really won't be opening up the game on the MotoGP site anymore and you have to use a back-up plan, like the site mentioned here...I don't think it's that big of a deal if it's only for top 10 picks instead of 15. Who really gives a shit about 11th place and beyond anyway? lol I'm cool with it either way. The bulk of the points are in the top 5-6 anyway.

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

If they plan on running the League this year, they sure are taking it down to the wire. For what it's worth, it does still show up in the FAQ section of the motogp site.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Same thing every year for the past years.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

So looking back at past 2 years, it does look like I made my predictions a day or two before the first race. So there may be some hope that it pops up on the motogp site.

I have also been back and forth a little with the developer of motogoat.net and he will change the setup to 15 riders, but unsure if he could do it for this race, but definitely in place for the Argentina Race. The other positive with the motogoat site, is that we can have our own group and will be easy to see the group standings, especially if we have the 15-20 that say they are in.

jonathanp and Phl218 like this.
  12. dsapsis

OK our current plan seems to be wait through Friday because based on past years there is a very high likelihood that it will go live and we are in the same game process as past years. If that doesn't pan it it seems like the motogoat fellow is pretty keen on adjusting the game to emulate tho old one (top 15 instead of the current top ten). A third conditional option just has all players identified as of lets say, Saturday morning 11 EST making and posting their bets here to get them documented and buy us some time to build an-house model. I will send out an official invite and call for deposits of bets tonight, along with a general statement about refunds if the game somehow goes tits up.

Players stated as in so far: dsapsis, BigBird, Phil218, badmoon692008, Dan Dubeau, 10MM, jonanthanp, jksoft, metricdevilmoto, chino52405, motorkas, SuddenBraking, crazymofo, Greenhound386, sbk1198 ScottyRock, cgordon, Phil Wilkenson, Chris, E Reed, sidepipe79 and Kramerica .
    If I missed anyone, please let me know.
    Oh and our good friend and 2016 winner Eggfooyoung is still thinking about it. :Poke::D

Its going to be a fun year of racing, and lets hope for lots of winners, lots of challenges, and a ton of well-meaning trashtalk.

E Reed and BigBird like this.
  13. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

I would like to join up.

14. dsapsis

Westie makes 23. Eddie would put it to 24, allowing for a nice 16-6-2 split. Coincidence?

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Kramerica

Kramerica ISO: Intern named Darin

I have 2 more people that want in. They aren't registered here, but I'm passing on what little info we have so far. I take it we are in a holding pattern until MotoGP posts it on their official website?

16. dsapsis

If they want to play in the game they need to be registered WERA board members.

Yes, holding pattern.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

18. dsapsis

The irony is thick...

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Who said pimpin' aint easy?

20. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

"... well-meaning trashtalk?"

Well, crap. I had all of this ill-intentioned rhetoric prepared. There goes my season strategy.

MachineR1, E Reed and badmoon692008 like this.