1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Dude. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yo @dsapsis , out of curiosity, do you have a process in place to ensure the secrecy of entries prior to each race deadline?

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Yes. The only way to submit to the survey system is from the email address we have on file for you (of course, this assumes your email account is secure). So while technically, either BB or I could hand edit your picks to screw you (because we are the back end), no one else other than you can submit (or see) your picks. Bird and I tried to collude to mess with Phil, but we couldn't agree to improve or degrade his scores :D.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

thanks. either way. it wouldn't have mattered.

so you're saying that you and bird were able to scientifically dissect the entries before each race and regroup them statistically perfect for the best outcome of your own entries? :D

5. dsapsis

Theoretically yes, but it wouldn't have had to been before the race. :D

I believe we were both very above board that the group needed to trust our handling of the back end implicitly. Since we could look and audit each other, it would have taken an agreement for one to favor the other. Which reminds me -- Bird, where's my take?!*

*If anyone thinks I would help Bird unfairly win in any way, they should review some of the previous year's fantasy threads. I have been pretty merciless on his play (someone has to sit in for Papa!) and he takes it all in stride. Damned if the avian didn't just become a better player.

OK -- ideas on next years games I have heard:
    • race winner payout
    • hard-coded fraction to AFF
    • other?

HPPT and Phl218 like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So you're saying that someone who has a lead to protect late in the season knows everyone's entry with time to spare every race weekend? You see how that can be a problem, right? :D

8. dsapsis

Both of us were somewhat amazed he had a lead to protect at all...:D

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

HPPT
    Huge Papa Pot sTirrer:D

Phl218 likes this.
  10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Yes, everyone understands the potential conflict and it was agreed on at the beginning of the season when we had to change platforms. We put full trust in Dave and the birdman and everyone had a chance to opt out if they weren't comfortable.

I think I just took the bait...oh well.:whoosh:

I like the idea of a portion going to the AFF.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I like a portion going to the AFF, but still not sold on the race winner payout. I liked the 1-2-3 payout this year, but will still play again regardless what gets decided.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not doing your due diligence, I'm doing mine. Or is the game not returning next year?

Phl218 likes this.
  13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm also a fan of a small per race payout. It keeps everyone a little more engaged.

14. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I think it'll be returning. It would be nice to have a little different system in place just to alleviate some of the manual workload for the admins.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Maybe MotoGP will bring the the official game back next year and save those guys the hassle.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, we should start sending them requests for that now, to give them a head start

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Any app developers on this forum?.....

Should be easy no?..... (this is how I feel when people bring me machining and welding projects and expect me to do them while they wait because it's so easy and shouldn't take long....) :Poke::beer:

18. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Yes and I started on something at the beginning of this season, but decided there just wasn't enough time to get something put together and tested in time. Will have to see how things shake out for next year.
    It isn't terribly complicated but not an overnight type of thing either, plus I always want to keep adding more and more.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Phl218

Phl218 .

Do it!

:D

Thanks!