1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

i did inquire about that.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

i have posted the question in regards of the presence of the league on Motogp's FB site.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

i did the same earlier this morning, and crickets

6. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

If you find a league. I am in.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Here is a results sheet from Valencia confirming what I thought -- you score final position value for anyone picked higher.
    Capture is results and Capture2 is picks.

Attached Files:

8. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

So you got 3 points for Rossi even though you picked him finishing 7th? Correct?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be difficult to impossible to emulate with a spreadsheet and would put more work on the league manager. Let's hope they run the league again so we don't have to worry about.

10. dsapsis

Or one of these other hosts is basically the same game. The spreadsheet approach could work with posted submittals timestamped her -- ie post you picks here to the board by XX:XX on MM/DD and then they all get logged in. I *think* posts here are pretty secure, and we could set the time however we wanted. Obvious glitches are if the BBS goes down, and the requirement for a datapuncher. Note I think we are at 19 players or something. Thats a bit of key entry, with attendant QA/QC.

I cant believe we resurrect the game from the doldrums only to have them quit. WTF, Dorna?

Phl218 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I stand by the first post I made on the subject. Patience.

Worst-case scenario, Grid Rival (the platform we used for F1 last year) announced that they are adding a MotoGP game this year. Totally different kind of game, but the thrill is about the same.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

what are the implications?

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am not sure I understand the question.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Just read the @#$%ing manual before week 1 so you don't dig yourself a season long hole 5 minutes after sign up.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

you said totally different game, so what does it mean in terms of inputs, scoring, outcome?

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, whereas the official MotoGP game is about predicting where everyone is going to finish, that one is about picking a team within a budget constraint and hoping that they all do well.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

umm, ok

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, "assembling" a team might be a better description than "picking" one. You can have riders from different teams. It's similar to fantasy football, if you've ever played that.

19. dsapsis

Based on a need for a contingency plan, we have:
    a) scour web for alternative application -- find one closest to old game. People with time on their hands over the next couple days please try to do this;
    b) build own application

No matter, heed Papa's patience remark, because so far I see no info that leads me to suspect this year is any different than previous.

Not feeling it (even with your new info).

20. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

I've done a league like that before with my local forum. I liked alot.

I also won 3 years in a row... But yeah..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk