1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I've always liked this payout structure as well. Incentivizes winning the whole thing but leaves a few crumbs for 2nd and 3rd.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's ok to brag

:moon:

3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Im in, and support paying top 3 since the numbers are there to support it.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Got it bomber. I would definitely prefer a steep curve payout if anything at all. Similar to the proposed 500/200/100 or 650/100/50, adjusted for actual numbers.
    I asked for that. :beer:

5. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

We did a football pool that was pick'em and top 3 got paid, but was broken up into 4-4-4-5 mini-seasons which each had their own champion. Made it so even someone who started off poorly stayed interested until the end.

We could do Italy, Spain, Fly Aways, etc.

-Marketing Guy

6. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

Sign me up, please. I'll keep an eye out for the notification... didn't see anything on the website yet. Anything else I need to do/know?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:D I have to admit that the pot is looking juicy enough to almost make up for the stress. Why couldn't you do this the past couple of years? :Poke:
    Damn, season hasn't even started yet and you're taking shots at Big Bird. :D
    With the way the points are set up, it's almost always goes down to the final round. And I'm saying "almost" just to hedge myself here. I don't remember anyone ever clinching before the final round, and we've played for a lot of years now.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

:crackup:

9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

There a mouse in your pocket???

10. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Not too late to join yet?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No idea what that means.

12. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Just join already.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have you all sent your money? I'm pretty sure we're all exactly at the same point in the process right now.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, well some have verbally committed.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know what John Ulrich says about commitments… :D

16. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

We do a similar thing for an NFL pick league at work but you're not eligible if you miss a week so you can't just give up halfway through and get half your money back... not sure how we'd prevent someone from just picking the satellite squads all up front to "win" that though...

17. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

If there's room I'm in.

18. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

Just want some clarification on a few things.
    $50 per round, with a payout every round?
    Or $50 per round with a payout for winning the championship at the end of the year?

Where/who do I send money to? (receipts?)

Do I have to enter a League name when signing up on the motogp.com website? ( I haven't found a spot to sign up yet)

Thank you,
    Phil

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It will be one single $50 PayPal to dsapsis when he's ready. There is not sub-league on the official MotoGP site. We've always kept track of things right here in the season thread. Payout after the final race of the season.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Is this going to be set up as a not for profit, and can we see the books :)