1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

do you think the motion is worth an advantage when driving on line. i just built a 80/20 rig, have a direct drive wheel, 3 monitors, VR, waiting for my
    Heusinkveld pedals.

2. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

There will be a break in period of harassment and bantering :crackup:

G Dawg likes this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I nearly owled you several times. I was on the inside of you going through T7 {Tosa} and you turned into me.
    My biggest bitch is that put me behind Ronald McManus. I ran him down from 7 seconds back and he would not let me pass.
    Once again I had to force it. By that time everyone was long gone. On top of that, I turned my wheel FFB up which proved to be a big mistake.
    By race end, I had a lot of pain.

4. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

been out of iracing for several years. want to get back in but I need a better computer. what, where, etc. any help appreciated. i due have somewhat of a limited budget, so best bang for the buck, so to speak. thanks.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Damn Euro buying ........
    I almost went with them, but I try keeping my purchases to US companies as much as possible, hence the HPP's.
    I would say once you get everything sorted, then you can think about motion.
    I have no one else to worry about financially , so buying shit I really don't need is in my blood.
    If I had to do it again, I probably would not go that route. It is a lot of fun in the dirt and bump drafting

6. Mphile77

Im sure Kenny will handle this question, im not the right guy

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Join https://www.facebook.com/groups/1043887945622975/?ref=bookmarks
    And look for Jeff Scott. He builds iRacing specific computers and has great prices
    If you want , message me your info and I'll let him know you'll be contacting him

8. Timothy Landon

I don't have a Facebook account anymore. How do I message you?

9. Mphile77

I just thought of this, I have a processor with cooling fan, power supply, and graphics card available. I thought I might of had it sold but let me check? Maybe you could just upgrade what you have? The parts are 11 months old, I upgraded but they worked just fine.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If what Mark has does not work out.
    You can call Jeff direct. If you do, tell him Gary Schilling sent you Ford Entertainment.jpg

11. Timothy Landon

My current desktop is very, very old. I need a new one. I called the number listed for FEG. Left message. Is it Jeff Scott or Jeff Ford?

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Building your own will always be cheaper than buying pre-built.

If you are going to use it mostly for iRacing, get the best processor you can afford and a decent graphics card. iRacing is more CPU dependent than GPU dependent. Stay away from Jeff Scott/Ford. If you are looking to have one built I'll be more than happy to do it free of charge as long as you supply parts and shipping (if you live in Florida I would just meet you and help you built it). There are plenty of bundle deals to be had on newegg. Kenny also knows a lot, and he is very strong on software side.

Let me know your budget and I can put together a parts list for you.

Here is the computer I built
    [​IMG]

Edit: This rig will last many years on iRacing https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JMt4V6

It is possible to go cheaper, but information will need to be gathered (number of monitors, how pretty do you want the game to look etc)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    nsouza707, Mphile77 and code3ryder like this.
  13. Timothy Landon

I live in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm very interested. How do we proceed?

14. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Jeff Ford/Scott is a fucking clown who will put you on a min spec system telling you it will run max graphics. If you dare question him or even ask what parts he uses he will ban you from the facebook group. He doesn't sell on the iRacing forum because everyone knows the guy is a hack and lies worse than Hillary Clinton. He has a LONGGGGG history of being a shady fucker who will rip off the community any chance he can get.

For the guy with the SimX motion rig; when does the GS5 seat come? That will hopefully be my next big purchase. I'm rocking a Sim Lab P1 chasis with OSW and Heusinkveld pedals right now.

15. 600 dbl are

Well, for me to travel from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale I'm going to need at least a six pack and some skittles :D

Let me know your budget and I can go from there.

As an example: this is more budget minded but will need to be upgraded sooner than the first one I posted. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zLmWvn

16. nsouza707

Luke you'll have to stop in and give my rig a spin. I'm in Boca.

17. 600 dbl are

Hells to the yes. I'll bring the pew pews and we can show some targets who's boss!

nsouza707 likes this.
  18. nsouza707

[​IMG]

19. Timothy Landon

I'm a gun guy as well. Worked at my friends gunstore for 4 years. I shoot Steel Challenge and USPSA down here.
    I am not a computer guy, so please bear with me. The second one is more in my price range. Is this using my existing computer and rebuilding it with these parts?

20. nsouza707

You shoot up at OK Coral? I've shot a few matches up there.