1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumps Stocks are BANNED

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think you're overestimating hugely the number of people who care.

A bump stock isn't remotely a 2A issue to me. Hell, I could even see calling it a safety issue as dumb as they are :D You'd have a much better argument for full autos being covered by it.

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Someone should send them a belt.

3. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I live in Florida. They banned bump stocks after the latest school shooting here. Effective in October of this year. I had one. Used it once and took it off my gun. Inaccurate ammo eater. However. I paid $80 for mine a couple years ago. After they published that the Vegas shooter had them on some of his guns I knew they would go after them. Sure enough the fed's said they were going to try to outlaw them. Prices went crazy. They were going for $1000 on Gunbroker. So I advertised mine. Sold it for $450 locally. People are stupid.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It absolutely matters because it whittles away at your rights, which is actually how we lose most of them.

And this right here is an example of why you should care. It gives them something else to charge you with (leverage).
    And the convenient logic above (why would you need one anyway since we've already taken away your ability to have enough ammo to use it) is the route to the next item they restrict or outlaw.
    Financial institutions are currently being extorted and regulated into not financing companies that
    manufacture or sell guns and ammo.
    Insurance companies and the medical professions are being similarly bullied and regulated.
    Piece by piece, your right to defend yourself is being whittled away.

First, they came for my neighbor's bumpstock and I didn't care...
    You know the sentiment. This is no different.

Murcielago311 and sheepofblue like this.
  5. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

The Government will succeed in disarming America. Eventually. This country is doomed.

SpeedyE and Fonda Dix like this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:p

7. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I don't give a flying rats ass about bump stocks. I've been bump firing since most peeps were knee high to a duck, didn't need a device to do it.
    I don't see this as an infringment of rights, or whittling away at the gun supporters. It takes away nothing useful.
    Besides, if you want full auto you just need a string and a loop.
    shoestring-machinegun.jpg
    [fair warning, the ATF has classified the above string and loop as a full auto weapon. Have that string and loop sitting next to a gun and you can be charged, seriously]

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Fixed.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Ban belt loops!

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am on Team Nobody here. I dont like any 2A infringements but those devices are garbage.

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Bump stocks aren't arms, they are accessories. Very piss poor accessories.
    This can be seen as an olive branch to the moronic left, ban a useless piece of garbage - BFD.
    The fact that these assholes didn't get gun mufflers removed from the NFA is something to be pissed about, not banning lame-assed bump stocks.

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I think of her more like Pam from Archer....she would absolutely rock steeltoes world.

Steeltoe, sheepofblue and rd400racer like this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I only care about the slippery slope. Bump stocks, bianary triggers, etc? Don't give a shit.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

We just need Feinstein to say, "This is a good start." Because that's what it is.

15. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

16. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

They’re right.
    The new regulation is unconstitutional in two ways:

First, by requiring an uncompensated surrender of the devices (which were legal when purchased), the regulation violates either the Takings Clause or the Due Process Clause, or both. The government can’t just take your lawfully-owned stuff.

Second, and more importantly, it violates separation of powers. An agency like the ATF can interpret statutes which it is assigned to administer, but cannot contradict the text of those statutes, to do so would be to amend the law, which only Congress may do.

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.
    —26 U.S.C. 5845(b)

A semiautomatic is mechanically incapable of firing more than once per trigger pull.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The left doesn't accept olive branches.
    An olive branch signifies cessation of hostility, which they ain't about to agree to.
    An olive branch is also something offered by the victor to the loser, which they aren't about to accept.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Agreed

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Bianary Triggers?? is two per pull...and they have been totally researched and have been accepted as legal.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The other issue, which nobody is talking about, is a 3 letter unelected agency making law. Sure they call it "rule making" but the jail they send you to for breaking it looks just like any other jail.