1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bumps Stocks are BANNED

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 18, 2018.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I addressed it a couple of posts up.

2. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Not in Florida. Binary Triggers are illegal now as well.

Britt likes this.
  3. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

or just a l0ose grip.....i was at the range and was working on trigger control, like i do with my LR bolt gun.....i kept double tapping until they warned me to stop....you can't shoot 'em (at least as mine were configured) like you do a precision tool.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Incarceration without representation.

5. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Are axes banned? We should all just walk around with axes to throw like our Viking ancestors.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Why would they tell you to stop DoubleTapping?? (I shoot at home, so I have no real concept of "Range Rules"..)

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The "Planet Fitness" rules. Some ranges are afraid people cannot handle firing more than one round at a time is my guess or it intimidates other range goers.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

FBI agents cant handle dancing and cops cant handle basic demos without a discharge so no, I dont want Joe Sixpack double tapping next to me.

9. turtlecreek

Those answers are as good as any. I don't really know the why.

I left the range shortly after and joined one with long range availability, so didn't bother to ask.

They also didn't allow automatic weapons fire, so I think it had more to do with that rule . If a bump stock is an automatic, maybe double tap isviewed the same?

And just to clarify, I don't mean a double tap like you learn in defensive training .I mean it bounced off my shoulder and hit my finger a second time for two rapid fires.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

:rolleyes: Come on. You need to find a better gun range then.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen the video of the little girl in Vegas that killed the instructor when firing an automatic weapon?

I sure as he'll don't want average Joe at my range with an auto. There's enough knuckle draggers there as it is.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

But we aren’t talking full auto or a little kid. We’re talking a competant adult practicing double tap technique with a semi auto.

Huge difference. You can’t even compare the two they are so far removed from each other.
    Plus, that instructor WAS an idiot.

JJJerry likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You can't stop some people from doing stupid shit.
    There are always a few people who become complacent when dealing
    with dangerous items like automatic weapons or wood chippers or riding lawn mowers
    (those things can get away from you I've heard) or high voltage or Pabst or a bunch of other stuff.

Don't let the idiots ruin it for everyone else.

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. turtlecreek

Welllll, I wouldn't go that far. I did shoot my dad with an arrow when I was a kid . :D

15. Fonda Dix

I dont shoot at a range but I would agree with you.

Luckily, I have hundreds of thousands of acres of public land to shoot on. Its one of only about three ways where Colorado beats Texas. :)

16. Fonda Dix

You cite a competent adult in one sentence and then cite an adult idiot in the next.

How do you tell the difference?

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I shoot at both a range and private land. I actually prefer the range because it’s easier to get some different types of target practice in quickly. Shooting in private is more blowing up tannerite targets and trying to cut down a tree. :crackup:

Fonda Dix likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

End results. I can’t tell the future but I’m pretty good at interpreting results. LOL.
    A dead shooting instructor tells me idiot.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Fonda Dix likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Speak for yourself sister. I'm chucking spears if it comes to that.

socalrider likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Colorado? Not exactly friendly to gun owners. No thanks.