1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Pfft. You know as much about farming as sapsis does about fire/land management. Idtio :Poke:

G 97 likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How's the lentil crop doing this season?
    I love a good legume discussion.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh I’m positive Dave knows more about fire/land management. It’s hard enough managing land that you own. Let alone trying to manage land for a whacko controlled state like California, I don’t envy his position, that’s for sure.:D

I will say it was a big a big deal when we ( and other producers ) switched from a crop rotation to just growing continuous corn. It has its benefits but it also has some draw backs. Who knows.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Soybeans are for suckers. :D

5. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Serious question: why do you only grow corn? Is it gov't subsidies? I ask bc I was doing research on NAFTA 1.0, and it seemed to have destroyed the farmer (esp corn) in Mexico. Now a country where corn was a staple in their diet for eons can't grow corn feasibly. Apparently Meixco gave up its subsidies around the same time, so there are two sides.

I read a statistic that 75,000 US farmers can produce all the corn Mexico (and the US) needs for less than what over 1 million Mexican farmers could produce in a year. You have any insight on this?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

If you can maintain increased corn yield then it is more profitable.
    https://www.extension.iastate.edu/agdm/articles/duffy/DuffyDec11.html

With the new corn genetics and better farming practices yields have steadily increased each year. The only issue is weather. US farmers have become highly mechanized and have also become better managers. It all adds up to more corn.

tiggen likes this.
  7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

When in western North Carolina, I dropped in to buy some produce from the local produce stand. They didn’t have any corn so I asked about it. Seems the coyotes also like corn and ate all they had planted. I never heard of coyotes wiping out a corn field but thought it was interesting.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They needed it to catch roadrunners... duh!

tiggen and Spang308 like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

G 97 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  12. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Someone will be along shortly to tell us how this is still bad news with a CNN or NYTimes link.

BHP41 likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

G 97 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Undoubtedly.

Honestly, It’s beyond ridiculous how much negative attention I have seen about the Ag tariffs and how they are hurting farmers and about how mad farmers are with Trump. I deal with farmers on a daily bases and I seldom if ever hear any complaints directed towards Trump. But the media would have you think otherwise. It really is shameful the level of lies they propagate.

15. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

C4AAFC25-4BC0-404C-845C-4EF69D461681.jpeg

gixxerreese likes this.
  17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Maybe it's just tough to work Trump into a conversation about cold fronts and locusts.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Or farmers realize they have been getting screwed on trade with China and a corrective action is better for them in the long run. :)

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Well, since I've been choking on my tongue for a long time while holding it from bashing Trumpie, I can't take it anymore. So, Tillerson makes a few comments on how Trump operates. No disrespect shown, just comments on the reality of how the White House operates with regards to Trump and his habits. No big deal one would think. Not so. Immediately Trump comes back with some of most harsh insults that are just simply ignorant. "Tillerson is stupid and I couldn't wait to fire him" Trump says.
    Why does Trump continue to burn all his bridges. He continues to use childish insults when he perceives that someone has disrespected him. His skin is so frigging thin you can see right through him. ARRRRGGG!:mad:

SnacktimeKC and R1Racer99 like this.
  20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned