1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed off with car dealership! - Surpise, I know.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I had a beer or two last night and was all Alfa Romeo goofy.
    "We should at least look at them, they are gorgeous!"
    "No! It would be in the shop more than you'd drive it, quit being an idiot."
    "But it's an Alfa, it's. . ."
    "NO!"

2. Partly true, but still they didn’t HAVE to do all of that.

They didn’t have to leave a new coffee cup in the car. They didn’t have to get behind there and clean the back of the wheels.

They could have just handed me my keys and said “here ya go”.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Porsche SUV customers know to expect that level of service. That's part of the reason they bought a Porsche. You just don't know better. :crackup:

Sweatypants and 418 like this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

What kind of half ass washes a car and doesn't wash the wheel barrels on something with wheels large enough that you can see the other side of the car through them?

FYI..this may be where I am worse than Broome. I don't allow them to wash my cars when they are in for service. It was clean when it got there.

LisaU likes this.
  5. GTFO with your logic bullshit.

Sabre699 and Yzasserina like this.
  6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

And you were home alone, right?

LisaU likes this.
  7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Nah....the experience Broome was just talking about is above and beyond. They didn't HAVE to change the battery, but it was the though and preemptive measure they took to avoid him having to come back in for the battery change. They didn't HAVE to clean the wheels behind the face, but it was the extra effort to go ahead and make sure that part of the wheel was looking smooth too.

I'm with Broome....that kind of service would win me for as long as I had the car.

pscook and Gorilla George like this.
  8. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

Yes ....an XF r sport which I did like but only kept for 10 months ( not because it had any problems though) oh and it was GREAT on snow and ice

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

The F pace wasn't prepped properly and fluids were missing but I still didn't want it back.... the XF r sport was much nicer to drive

10. Ok, that makes sense.

I mean, it is complete bullshit and I would have been mad too.

But that is human error on the Technicians part, not a design flaw.

11. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

Really ....changing a key fob battery? I did that last week after the dash message alerted me that the key battery was low....nothing in the manual as to how to open the 3 layer Italian fob....am not driving to the dealer for that...looked it up on youtube, had the battery already and was done 5 minutes later....

12. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

Correct .... not a design flaw however the first year models had problems with the infotainment systems that would just randomly shut down for a few minutes but I was told when I sold the XF that the F pace no longer had that problem....

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

Part of the reason for the "free" wash is to get the greasy fingerprints and assjuice the mechanic left on the car.

Stop being difficult. :D

lazlo likes this.
  14. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

I'm kinda curious if you've looked at the sportbrake.... I love sporty wagons....and it has similar cargo area... the SVR is very quick but I don't want a higher center of gravity on a fairly short wheelbase with that kind of power...I don't get it.... but they are cute ( coming from a girl)

15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Buy a mid 70's GTV couple.
    Paint it in some variation of Italian flag stripes red/white/green.
    Park in your garage.
    Spend rest of life working on/not driving it.

alfa.jpg

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Been there, done that and not just with Alfas (GTV6 and a Spider) but with Triumphs, MGs and a Fiat 2000. :D

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If the mechanic gets greasy prints on my car he should have washed his hands before he started working on it. That shit didn't come off of mine. :D

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

My dad had a '69 (1750) and a '74 (2000), both exceptional cars. He is an exceptional mechanic and built both of the cars from the ground up, but still very reliable. The '79 Alfetta wasn't around long enough to expose its fatal flaws.

My Milanos (two, yeah I know) and his Milano were pretty good as well (rust in the usual), but the 164LS had (many) little issues.

19. Thanks for the follow up info, much appreciated.

I gotta say, ida handled it the exact same way. I would have left it on the side of the road and been like “come get this piece of shit”. :crackup:

20. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You may have just met your doppelgänger. :D