1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed off with car dealership! - Surpise, I know.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It’s a Porsche. There’s a reason they’re always at the top of the customer satisfaction surveys. Think back to your Avalanches. Did they ever wash the inside of the wheels on those?

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  2. You (or your friends) have had issues out of an F-Pace SVR?

3. Nope. They were just happy I was there for something other than a blown engine or a transmission that shit itself. :crackup:

Well, technically I blew the engine in the Escalade. But same dealership.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Neighbor has an F-Type. I don't think she would call it would call it unreliable but it has spent a fair amount of time in the shop in the last couple years.

6. Take any vehicle in the world, and somebody knows someone that has had problems with one.

I’ll see how it goes. I want to try it because I love the looks and want that motor. Not to mention it is a lot roomier on the inside (I went and played with a base model F-Pace today to make sure the ergos were ok for me).

If it gives me issues, then I’ll unass it and get another Porsche. It’s not like I’m locked in it, or like Porsche is gonna stop making new cars this year.

7. Venom51

They are currently all complicated electro-mechanical devices. They all have issues sooner or later. I wouldn't stress over it either.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

First recall, I can’t recall, as I don’t have total recall. I think it was steering rack related. Second one was second row seatbelt update. The one that arrived today was an ECU update for the airbag system. Each time I send in the “I no longer own” this pile of shit document, that doesn’t stop ‘em from reminding me how much I hated that car.

I had a 2018 model year machine. Fuck that thing, I hope whoever bought it at auction overdoses on heroin whilst listening to the ‘Stones Start Me Up, and smashes into a hospice for AIDS patients. Now, don’t get me wrong - I don’t hate much, expect for most people named Brian, and that shit sorry VW Fatlas.

9. LisaU

LisaU Active Member

I bought an F-pace summer 2016.... flew to Chicago , paid cash, drove off and made it 20 miles south of the elmhurst dealership before it made a horrendous sound .... blew black smoke and I barely made it to the shoulder of the highway before it froze in gear.... called and said I'm leaving this piece of shit here.... do not try and give it back to me....bring a loaner immediately so I can continue on my trip ....they did and I ended up liking the loaner sedan and purchased it instead the next week....even up on price although the sedan was 15k more

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Was the sedan also a Jag?

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those don't sound like that big of a deal. Well the steering rack potentially, but otherwise, meh.

Sent from my smatrfone

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No, not terrible. Things inside the car started rattling almost right away, too, which was nice. That, and the shitty steering feel. It felt like you were driving a barge through a sea of smallpox shit (go on, look THAT up).

Oh, and the sensors were always chirping some innocuous warning: lane departure, too close to some object when backing into the garage, put your hands on the steering wheel, no blowjobs while driving! I turned off all driver ASSistance items I could, and that thing still sqwauked more than Oprah.

13. :stupid:

What was the sedan?

What was the problem with the F-Pace?

It sucks when something like that happens, but I’m interested in the facts behind it. Was it a critical flaw with the F-Pace line in general? Or did a Tech forget to put Transmission fluid in it?

I’ve spent time researching on several Jaguar and F-Pace forums and have never heard of anything like that (or any other critical design flaws), so I have to lean towards human error during assembly or the PDI.

But I’m always interested in learning more. It won’t change anything, the order is made and I’m sticking with it. But i need to know if I need to go to my dealer with something like “back when the F-Pace came out in 2016, I heard about problems with ______, has it been sorted?”

The drivetrain is different on the SVR, but still.

14. Venom51

Freakin Dodge has just cost me a fortune in parts. $16.93 for a grill support. Highway damn robbery. :D

15. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Wonder if any other manufacturer will go the way Tesla has . No dealers, and zero price negotiations.

You want it, you pay this much and buy it straight from us or don't buy it .

16. Wasn’t it Saturn that did that years ago, and was found guilty of price gouging?

They tried to play the whole “no drama, no haggling, the sticker price is our best price” game.

But in reality, they had the same damn markup as everyone else. They just made it so they maximized profits by not having to negotiate.

17. Venom51

But that means that warranty service would need to be brought in house as well or franchise agreements for authorized warranty centers would have to be established.

18. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Saturn were still sold under francise dealers not straight from GM.

Tesla are serviced under warranty and out of warranty at company owned and run service centers. Everything service wise is in house.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hate to tell you that Santa Claus doesn't exist but you paid for all that when you bought the car. That's like your girlfriend buying you a birthday gift with your own money. :D

Sweatypants, rd49 and 418 like this.