1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think, in this case, parking garage is essentially a multi level deck.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did I read something somewhere about a red welcome mat?

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Yup. Now stop answering for him. :Poke:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think there's anyone here who couldn't have come up with that? :crackup:

5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I realize now that you're asking if I was serious about my questioning of the shooters inability to notice a doormat and yes, I am questioning it. :D

I've worked long stressful days (maybe not by a police officer's standard) but I would absolutely notice something like that. There are details that are so glaringly obvious - a red doormat for instance - that I would absolutely expect a police officer to notice it too. Isn't paying attention to detail part of the job description? (Serious question, maybe it isn't that important a skill for a beat cop)

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Units are numbered and while everyone (including me) has been talking about "identical floors" I've never actually seen that to be the case if you're paying any sort of attention. One way they vary is by things like doormats, welcome signs, etc. could look similar, but never identical. I haven't seen the actual building...but it only appears to have 4 floors which means if she entered on the 4th floor, the stairwell/entry would have almost certainly looked quite different than it does on the third floor. And should I mention her line of work and what that may have to do with missing a giant trail of clues, or no?

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, she was off duty, so I guess she had an excuse for not seeing that. :D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I understand everyone saying they would notice little details. Maybe. However, add in a distraction such as a call, a tweet, a text reply and let's see what you notice. I've seen folks in cars st at a green light texting. I've seen them trip over steps. No one is on 100% of the time. Again, not giving a pass, but absent concrete evidence it is not ridiculous to speculate that someone could be distracted enough not to notice details.

OGs750 likes this.
  9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sorry for dude who got shot. No shit he wouldn’t follow her commands, dude was in his own pad! She’s lucky he didn’t blow her ass away with a 12 gauge when she barged in. Though I’m sure he’d already be charged and practically convicted if that had happened. Poor bastard.

I can imagine a few but not many scenarios where she’s be that disoriented if she weren’t drunk or high. If she were sick, working 15 hours and taking meds and she got off at night I can see it being quite possible. Should’ve been home, but maybe she was pressured into working. When I’ve been that disoriented from being sick I couldn’t even muster the energy to get up though, so I don’t see how she was working a shift unless she was already sick/tired and pounding caffeine and meds. Red Bull is the culprit here I’ll bet.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

The bolded is key. You have no idea what the hallways look like. What the layout is. What the door numbers look like. How things are marked. Where was his apt in relation to the elevator. Did she even have to walk past anything to get to the apartment. I could go on with the unknowns. But as I’ve said all along, she obviously totally screwed up. But there’s enough things going on that it could be a legit oops that ended tragically.

11. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Sure, no one here thinks the cop woke up that day hoping to murder someone innocently in their own home. But she did.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then your hate of cops is blinding you because a long ass shift absolutely can explain everything.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was talking about your insistence that a red doormat could never go unnoticed not the differences in door mats or stories....

You could absolutely be tired enough to not look at your doormat. Hell, I know I've got one at each door to our house and couldn't describe any of them to you.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've tripped going up steps after long days at work. I've come close to wrecking. I've turned the wrong way on streets I knew like the back of my hand. I've run a red light because I thought it was green. All from being tired not one drop of anything mind altering other than caffeine.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I have been inside this complex. It DEFINITELY does have pets... pissing all in the hallways of this """"upscale"""" apartment complex. The floors are similar upstairs from the first floor, but the numbers are right there on the door.

You're an idtio if you can't tell you're not at your own apartment at this complex.

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Murder requires intent, try harder.

17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

She intently pulled the trigger.

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The "parking garage" is a tiny two level structure, and a completely separate structure from the apartment building itself.

Most parking is actually an open lot catercorner southwest of the building across Belleview and Austin streets.

Lots of misinformation in this thread. No matter where you park your car you can only access the building from the ground floor, and the third floor skybridge over Belleview from the new NYLO building, which you can only access from the ground floor.

Chino52405 likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I currently work between 13 and 15 hours a day for 2 weeks straight. I have done 5 week stretches of 13 to 15 hours a day and have gone 4 days without sleep except for naps leaning against a wall. I have never shot anyone even though I have wanted to. One double shift or even several double shift should not even start to get someone disoriented enough that they can't find their own pad...

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Everyone is not the same. I personally saw Mat Mladin turnin 1.24s around Barber. No one else even came close that day. So, just because you can/do doesn’t mean she can. Congrats on never shooting someone btw.

badmoon692008 likes this.