1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1260S

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Ive tried to find these answers on google, but it just sends me to random online reviews or stores.

1. Will aftermarket bolt-on parts from previous years fit the new 1260? (levers, fender eliminator kits, etc)

2. Is the gas tank plastic? Or will a magnetic tank bag stick to it?

3. Will the socket for the rear wheel on the Panigale also fit the MTS?

Kev59 likes this.
  2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

there is no fender eliminator... or anything aftermarket really.. i’m pretty sure the tank is plastic, but you can get one of those gas cap mounted tank bags. the rear wheel nuts are the same size.

also, no rearsets (super easy to drag pegs, i’ve got 1.5” risers on mine but even that isn’t enough), only one exhaust that i’ve found and it’s the full termi from ducati (ugly).

i’ve contacted everyone involved in this year’s pikes peak race bike builds to try and source the rearsets and exhaust they used but no one will respond and apparently they’re one off parts

3. So there is no way to remove that big ugly ass mudflap from the back? I see fender eliminator kits for other year MTS, did they change the tail section or something?

I hate that about the tank. I don't like messing with those ones that mount to the gas cap. I like magnetic ones.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No magnetic. Someone will have an eliminator eventually, most likely in carbon fiber :D

5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Chris, the tank bags that mount with the snap ring are nice. Super easy to pop off. What don’t you like about them?

Most all parts from the ‘15 and up DVT Multi will fit.

There are a few options for a tail tidy, but to do what you really want, some fab work will be required. We’re going to make one for my dad’s.

We cut down the Termi can just a little bit on the full systems and it looks awesome.

6. turbulence

the rear fender on the new ones are integrated with the tail light.. kinda dumb. i haven’t seen a fender eliminator

7. turbulence

pics of this please?

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Unless you're dead set on the Multi, get a S1kXR . Significantly faster and you can get aftermarket rear sets plus track it and mow down a few bikes in expert. Oh yeah, it's comfortable.

9. That face.

Plus I only get bikes from D&D Cycles in Pensacola. They don’t carry BMW.

I’m set on the new Multistrada. I think it’s the perfect all-around bike.

jonathanp and Phl218 like this.
  10. turbulence

the multi is a great bike.. are you getting an S or a pikes peak? the S has the skyhook electronic suspension which is pretty nice. the up/down quickshifter on the 1260 is much needed as the transmission has pretty long shifts so shifting normally is pretty clunky. Cruise control is also awesome.

11. turbulence

here’s my multi to help you with your decision ;)

[​IMG]

XFBO, Adam.B, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  12. I don’t like that I’ve never used one and don’t know how they work.

Magnets are easy for me to figure out. :D

colin96 likes this.
  13. I’m getting the S with the Touring package (side bags, heated grips, and center stand). Then I’ll add the Garmin 595 GPS.

Rob has a gray one on the floor. Ima get it. I like the gray the best, but like the black wheels on the red one. Rob has a fix. He’ll have the wheels powder coated black while I’m still at work. Catastrophe averted. :D

I just have to figure out a FE kit, find some levers, and I reckon figure out how to work those tank bag mount things.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I promise you’ll love the bag removal setup. IF not. I’ll personally remove it and sell it for you. So you won’t be stuck with it if you hate it. But I think you’re gonna be like “damn that’s cool”

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Well. Shit. :D

16. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Get the ‘18 Pikes Peak and put the full Termi system on it. You’ll be happier in the end.

The ‘18 PP has the black forged Marchesinis from the Panigale S/R and it feels a lot lighter than the 1260 S Touring. Ohlins set up is really nice on it.

It doesn’t come with bags or heated grips. So what? Add them as accessories. I’d actually just buy a top case and tank bag first. If you need more storage than that, buy the side bags. I like riding the bike a lot more with just a top case and no side bags.

17. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Oh yeah, and put the fog lights on it. They’re bad ass.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I always felt like the pikes peak was a base model with nothing but fancy paint and nice suspension.

The touring makes me feel like a caddy with all the bells and whistles where you can still add stuff to it.

We actually stopped stocking the PP because people would end up wanting more.

I think they are cool looking.

But this Grey/Silver is sweet looking!!

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. I want the Touring package. This will primary be a touring bike. Soon I plan on grabbing a Hyper or Monster for regular street riding to the gym and shit.

This bike will be used for taking long distance trips. I want the bags, heated grips, cruise control, center stand, electronic suspension, etc.

The S also comes with the up/down quickshifter, calipers from the Panigale, and bigger rotors. Those things are cool, but not extremely necessary for my purposes.

I probably won’t even put an exhaust on it, unless I feel like trying to make it lighter at some point. It already makes a ton of HP and torque. Much more than someone needs for taking trips.

Plus I like gray. I think gray bikes with black wheels look good.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. I do like the idea of the fog lights though.