1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, boats...what are your practical trailerable dreams?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Jul 10, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

IMG00033-20110717-0827.jpg GA6292EX 508.jpg GA6292EX 508.jpg
    My Poison was a 1990 Mastercraft Prostar 190 I bought brand new in 90.... Just sold it 3 years ago.... Inboards are definitely the way to go IMO... Boat never saw the shop once since I owned her... She was older than my Marriage and Both my kids... Hated to get rid of it but I needed a new Trailer for Bikes... Both my shoulders are shot anyhow from Barefooting.....

Funkm05 likes this.
  2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Superjet is badass..

Cam Morehead likes this.
  3. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have a Yamaha Superjet FX-1 for sale if anyone is interested... 7o1 Dry pipe Twin Carbs ect.... 4K....

5. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

How do you like it? Some folks said the high RPM that those motors ran was annoying vs a V8 of something like a Mastercraft.

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Was it oil buildup on the valves?

Lawn Dart likes this.
  7. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

I used to think the same thing, but it is actually nice to be able to hear some music while wakesurfing or wakeboarding, once you are good enough to be on your feet for a while.

8. omatter34

I love it. I honestly never thought I would own a jet boat, I grew up with I/O or outboards. When I started shopping again late last year, I fell in love with the 242x. The options that I got in this boat would have cost nearly twice as much on a Nautique or MasterCraft. The engine noise hasn't bothered me. I can talk to passengers sitting on the back while driving without having to raise my voice (as long as the stereo isn't turned up).

9. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I find this extremely practical: she only cost $330,000 from the Navy, full of usable ammo, guns, bunk beds for a couple thousand of your friends, a few extra small boats, a potatoe peeler in the kitchen, even a float plane!

1280px-U.S.S._North_Carolina.jpg

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

That's not a thing. Its either a FX1, or its a superjet.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yamaha FX1

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Psst ... he’s not referring to you. He’s talking about all the other people trying to enjoy the lake that DON’T want to listen to your music.

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

14. Jed

Jed mellifluous

About time someone with taste shows up.

15. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

My life before getting back into bikes. A 2100' ski lake and my Nautique. A few balls at 38 and jumped 140's. No way this old body gets any where near that now. It might even be tough getting up at all. FB_IMG_1531268386140.jpg

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Right. Scott is on his 78th vehicle since I've known him... No boat though.

17. Lawn Dart

I don't necessarily want it for the tunes - I want it for wakesurfing. But, I'm certain it'll play Luke Bryan and FL/GA Line just fine all the way up at 11. :D

18. Lawn Dart

It was... I finally found a shop familiar with it, and they said they suggest it every 40K on Ecoboost F150s older than 2018 (which has dual injectors per cylinder now - port and direct).

19. omatter34

I know...my only point was that it's not just so that other people can hear your sound system.

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Building/restoring something like this will be a retirement project for me someday. Love those boats.

Right now I've got a 24' toon (great for the kids), a 16ft princecraft w/25hp tiller (actually my dads but it's great for fishing 2-3 guys out of, and easy to trailer/launch anywhere), a 12' and a 14' aluminum with a 3.5hp for smaller back lakes (Can't decide which one to sell, that's why I have a 12 and 14 :) ). I can see when the kids get older a 18'+ fish and ski with a 115/150+ replacing them all but keep the tinner. A fish and ski would be pretty close to a perfect boat for me though in about 5 years. No real need for a bass boat, or a wakeboat, but I would like to add a PWC to the stable in the next few years.

If I lived on a lake, and didn't have to trailer it, it would be a big ass toon, with a 250. Towing my 24' and launching it isn't that bad, but I wouldn't want to go any bigger for where I use it.