This is crazy

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by lrrs517, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Wtf, Chino?? Why do I suddenly find some of your posts making sense lately? I’m feeling kinda dirty. :Poke:

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Considering the situation, I don't see a big problem. He had a crowd that started moving behind him so he had to do something to get their attention.
    To refer to that gang of street rats as children is to mischaracterize the situation.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Jase - in that same scenario, how should the officer have handled it? Not adding in IF this, and IF that ... the scenario shown on the video.

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I didn’t say anything about gun rights or Zimmerman.

Read. It’s not difficult. I compared Jace calling these thugs “kids” just like the idiot media showing pics of Trayvon as a 12 year old with all those pics.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

No but interfering them preforming their duty is in most places I bet.

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

To be fair, I didn’t read that as him implying you did. I read it as more of an agreement, but then using the Trayvon topic as a branch out to make a point about both sides of this topic using the same tactic. Maybe I’m wrong, but I think your ire is misplaced on this one.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Like you calling the officer a "fucking pussy"?

STFU

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I do agree Treyvon was not a kid at all (nor are some of the "kids" in the video). Not a single one of us here thought of ourselves as a kid at 17. But Treyvon is an awful example of a kid/adult that needed dealing with. He needed some Skittles and for George Zimmerman to go home like the local police had told him numerous times before.

9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Montell Jordan called them "lower case Gs"... lol They scare me more than anything else... mostly because
    they the perfect amount of hormonal imbalance and inexperience of consequence.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Agreed, especially because most will slap the “child” title on them to come after you should you do anything to them.

11. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Oh hell yeah!!, i would feel completely different if they were 22 years old. As soon the vid starts, it looks like he draw his gun on kids that look like they are about 12.

12. jase

I think he should have pulled out the baton in the beginning and not the gun. I think he handled the situation ok except for drawing the gun on the kids. That's my main and ONLY concern.

13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That would be a dumb risk on the officer’s part in my opinion. He’d have escalated the situation without being able to decisively win the fight. A dozen good rats against one fat dude with a baton, I’ll put money on the rats knifing him in the kidney. If you’re going I up the ante make sure you’re going to win.

14. SGVRider

Not sure what the relevance was, but I agree about Zimmerdude. Should’ve stayed his ass in his car if he couldn’t win the fight.

15. jase

Isn't the firearm the last resort? He went from the firearm to the baton. Why not the baton, then if that failed, draw the gun?

16. SGVRider

That would make sense if there were several officers, but he was nearly surrounded. Drawing a baton would probably cause a fight because it’d be an escalation, but not one he would likely win. By the time he tried to draw his weapon he’d probably already be stabbed a few times, curled in the fetal position getting kicked in the head or already dead. That’s my thinking at least. What actually matters is whether he followed established protocol for that situation and whether the protocol makes sense. If he acted outside the bounds of his training and established procedure then he should be punished, if not he should be left to continue on.

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Because against a dozen people if the baton fails you're dead. How is this concept foreign to you?

18. jase

A dozen 10 and 12 year old or a dozen 22 year old? A dozen 10 - 12 year old, i think he could have shown a bit more restraint. I dozen 22 year old, come up shooting.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you want the fight to be fair? Don't bring a loud mouth to a gun fight! :D
    Did you miss how the girls were treated just as hostile as the boys? Equal rights! :D

kangasj likes this.
  20. condon66

condon66 Member well known

The baton is NOT something you draw on a CROWD!!!! (By yourself) Holy flying fuck!!

You have a huge inability to understand this particular situation. Had there been multiple leo's there, yes, draw a baton. One guy surrounded by aggressive, incoming (as they're ignoring his order to stay back) 12 year olds with the ability to snatch his gun? Draw your gun. Drawing the baton would have been a display of not having control of THAT PARTICULAR SITUATION. Those little shitfinks could engulf him and stop his ability to swing that baton in maybe 4-5 seconds. They almost certainly would have continued to approach him from behind. With his gun drawn they know they have much worse odds of jumping his back successfully.

Again, because there are some really, really dumb fuckers here, his drawing the gun was the quickest way to end the mob mentality in the least amount of time. He cut the fuse instantly. Had he drawn the baton initially he more than likely would have had to use it. He drew the baton after he brought them back to reality then maintained their hit of reality with the baton.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    badmoon692008 likes this.