1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing - lead under the boot soles might be the best place for rider weight. Light riders would also make sure to use cow suits instead of kangaroo. Maybe replace the suit shinguards and kneepads with lead ones too, haha. I think it could work just fine, though it seems like this isnt what Scott S meant.

2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

No more race boots, just concrete shoes... ankle injuries will be a thing of the past, just don't expect your legs to stay attached in case of a wreck.

rcarson15 and stangmx13 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not a LW Twin. It's a middleweight, just like the 748 and above.

5axis likes this.
  4. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Exactly.

5. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

He`s a great guy with some awesome skills. A bit of a hooligan youth during the 2015 season during the Cup when he ran a few rounds.. got smacked a little for riding a wheelie through the hot pits, just youthful excitement having a great time. I saw him ride about three or four years or so ago at a DRRO track day at Firebird. He was killing it. Form and speed way above anyone else there. I went over to his pit and asked him how long he had been racing.. he had not yet. I asked him if he had been to some schools, etc. He said, "I just watch Moto GP a lot and try to emulate what I see." Okay....
    His Dad passed around this time last year suddenly, but he is doing great. Still happy and fun to be around.
    There is another kid coming out of ASMA right now that is wiping out standing lap records including his own and sweeping the points in five classes in the current series there on an underpowered ULWT bike.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He also spells his name properly :D

7. Scott S.

I just ran through my post, I didn't. Shit I can`t spell like I used to or type.. aging is cruel and over rated

8. t11ravis

Am I allowed to post a vid of our personal Sean U. (Not even going to try it) stunt show we got at Road America?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely.

10. t11ravis

Just goofing around Friday evening until golf cart lady yelled at him.

5axis likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While it is cool I have to side with golf cart lady - that's too fast on one wheel near all the rv's. Too many people can and will wander out without looking.

The slow circle stuff I'm good with :D

12. t11ravis

I'm certainly not a stunter lover but I damn sure respect his talent and feel on a motorcycle. Not to mention that kid makes me smile every time I see him.
    I really hope he never changes.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree. I've never yelled at the kids for doing stuff like that - I have however yelled at them for where they chose to do it (usually with a suggestion of where to go play and not get caught).

t11ravis likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Nice Skills!!!!!!!

I remember moving to Dallas in 85 and going to the street drags. Some guy rolls up on an old Kawi 750 triple and rides a wheelie the entire way down the "street dragstrip". That inspired me to learn to ride wheelies. I'm not good like these current kids, but I used to be able to hop on a bike and within one or two hits, ride it through 3 or 4 gears. I couldn't just keep it up going slow, I had to keep feeding the gas and shifting gears and get up to high speeds.

One night I got four tickets riding a wheelie, getting pulled over...taking the tickets for wheelie, exhibition of speed, no valid plate or insurance....(bought it that night). It was a 86 Ninja 1000R, so it was legal but I just didn't have paperwork and then got busted a little later doing it again. The second officer that pulled me over, I showed him my previous tickets, and he said if you promise to go home now I will let you off. LOLOLOL To be 22 and stupid again.

Well maybe I'm still stupid.....last weekend I get home from vacation and take out my supercharged M5 at 5 am, heading our for breakfast. Come out of the grocery store and light it up through a couple of gears and come to a stop light. Light turns green, I take off easy, slot it into 2nd, and light them up again, then I see the lights come on in a unmarked SUV.

I pull over and he said, look up on the internet how many accidents there are on Alica Parkway in Mission Viejo. I said I just came back from vacation and shouldn't have done it but wanted to punch it. He said, I'm on my way to work, I don't want to do any paperwork, please just slow down....so I did.

Wooo Hooo:clap:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  15. Boman Forklift

Also, I love that kids infectious personality!!!!!!!!

Sean U....not Mongo!!!!!:crackup:

Scott S. and t11ravis like this.
  16. Scott S.

Love it. I got one of those "and just how old are you!" classics a few weeks ago smashing through gears on an on ramp on my aprilia

5axis and Boman Forklift like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

That is about the only benefit I can see to going gray!!!!:D:p

Scott S. likes this.
  18. Scott S.

Been there, gray once, gone now

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. t11ravis

Not getting carded anymore?

Scott S. likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

My wife and kids, all said I need to consider getting it colored? I definitely don't get carded anymore, but even with color I don't believe I would, unless it was a chick looking for a big tip.....and I'm hopeful I wouldn't fall for that. :D