1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

So in terms of WERA next year, where would you put this?

2. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For now, right where it fits via displacement. If it turns out slow due to the chassis or the like then I'll adjust the following season.

rcarson15 likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

just do it anyway..

t11ravis likes this.
  6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I don't agree with rider # + bike # = legal race #. You end up with the smallest kid throwing the most weight. Seems like "every kid gets a trophy" thinking to me. I don't feel it is any organization's duty to make the race equal for everyone. I do feel it is their duty to build rules so that the equipment is all close. Just my worthless .02

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

In the classes where HP is low and bike weight is low, the rider # + bike # is pretty common. Moto3 and just recently Wss300 are two examples. With the rider being a much larger percentage of the total weight, lighter riders have a significant HP / weight ratio advantage and potentially an aero advantage too. So for the wee bikes it makes sense, but not in something like the twins class.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I would love to race at NJMP if possible, and I know if I was truly fast, I could hustle a slow bike around like Dustin did at RA last weekend. I might have to read the rules to see if I am actually close to legal or not.

9. Cam Morehead

Total # = 326, bike # = 180 ish dry, so 150 # ish for rider, gear, fluids. Sounds fair. We have some kids that are at 100 #s wet.... I just know that no matter how bad I want to be a horse jockey.........

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I disagree with you, but that maybe because I raced karts and you live and die with class weight. I've helped light ladies pickup their karts with 40-70lb's of lead on them, and if that wasn't there, the rest of us couldn't have competed with them.

One way to accomplish this is put the light kids on the lowest horsepower model, while the older, heavier riders get the higher horsepower bikes with higher combined weight limits. Even USGPRU used to make the light kids put 20lbs of weight on their RS125's. Tyler liked how his handled better after we did that, as it handled bumps better.

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm 5'9 and played a ton of basketball .. no one ever lowered the rim to 9' for me ..

Cam Morehead likes this.
  12. Cam Morehead

And I somehow end up with the tiny kids.... RBRC made us put weight on the KTMs, but up high.... Poor kids had to throw the bikes back and forth. Again, I will disagree with whoever because we have now somehow decided to handicap the smaller kids which in my mind rewards the bigger kids. Just my opinion. Again, my dream was never to be a horse jockey. I have no ambition to be a sumo wrestler. I did however wrestle in HS. I was 6' tall. I had to wrestle kids 5' tall at the same weight. Guess what, they had an advantage.... That didn't stop me from winning a very high percentage of my matches.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not really comparable to wrestling where longer reach can offset their fireplugness :D

14. Cam Morehead

Shut it..... I tied those little punks up like pretzels. LMAO

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. Cam Morehead

One match, Upper State or something... The local bad ass climbed on my back while I was in the mandatory "down" position. I just stood up... The local newspaper snapped a photo. The ref stopped the match abruptly. I was about to throw him out of bounds. Lol

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I never got into it, too much sweaty grappling with other guys.

18. Cam Morehead

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Look, someone had to receive all the frustration and stress I had built up.... I played football for the same reason.... Lol

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I should have done both. Might have done better in everything else at the time.

20. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

FTFY NTTIATWWT