1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your morning and how it determines your day

Discussion in 'General' started by codyjphoto, May 16, 2018.

1. Is that one of the things where you press down on it and coffee comes out?

I’ve seen people use those things (press down on them, then pour coffee out). But I’ve never really understood how they work.

2. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Keep working the search function. There's a *lot* of coffee aficionados here.
    Why yes, Chris, it is one of those things. I'm thinking it might not work with your routine-routine though, as you'd be pissing on the kitchen cabinets waiting for the water to get hot. :D

3. codyjphoto

codyjphoto Well-Known Member

Those Aeropresses, to me, are much too involved and take too long. If Camping, sure. Otherwise, no.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Never set an alarm, awake by 6 - 6:15 every day, never eat breakfast, a couple no doz and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice. Read for a little while then out the door at 7:15 with the dog for a 2 mile walk unless it's raining or 20 below. Back a little before 8, change into work clothes and across the road to the shop.

5. codyjphoto

So with Mornings being so important; it is equally important on winding down. What is it that some of you do to bring the day to a close and get the mind to stop racing?

6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Up somewhere between 5-5:30. Shit. Shower. Dress. Let the dog out and give him his breakfast. Grab a slim-fast on my way out the door and on my way to work by 6:00. Get to work by 6:40 and usually start wishing I could be heading home by 7:00. :D

codyjphoto likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

It's two minutes of warming up the brain-gears for me. Part of my routine, I'd guess you'd say. :D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Routine

YamRZ350 and codyjphoto like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If you're having multiple cups, sure. Otherwise...you're doing it wrong.

10. codyjphoto

I typically have three or so double espresso pulled before leaving home.

11. codyjphoto

Also if it is a day off of work, this is paired with a good cigar.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

No later than 4am for me. Weekends, holidays, doesn't matter. 4am max.

Life to be lived out there. I'm taking full advantage .

13. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Damn, this thread confirms how abnormal I am. I go to sleep around 5-6am and usually wake up around 2-3pm. I rarely see the hours in between and if I do I'm miserable. It's a part of the reason I don't race or do trackdays anymore and why I never got a day job. Waking up that early just isn't for me no matter how many times I try it. I'd like to get up before noon but I'm also miserable if I sleep less than 8-10 hours. When I get to work to start pouring happy hour drinks for people that just got done with a day's work I've usually been up for less than an hour so everyone gives me shit for how I look.

As for coffee, we have a Keurig but we use those refillable things. One cup when I wake up with tons of sugar and cream to make it taste good. Oh and no working out either. Basically the exact opposite routine of you all.

codyjphoto and ToofPic like this.
  14. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

yes the keurig has the little strainer so you can grind your own beans fresh. buy your fancy beans have it your way.by the way the morning routine is shit shower and shave.

codyjphoto likes this.
  15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

really not pleased with not finding a link to Willie Adler's(lamb of god) press method espresso... it looks like this but bigger levers ... l_6279_rok-espresso-maker.jpg

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There is no one size fits all for when or how much to sleep. And people have different peak energy times. Sure you can train your body to wake up at any time you want but your peak energy time is hard wired. And you will always perform better at that time regardless of how you might train your body. Makes no difference where the sun is. So sleep well, all day if you want.

Probably one of the most famous nights owls you might relate to is Valentino Rossi.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Really? “Taking full advantage”?? We’ve all read your posts, Sparky. You ain’t fooling anybody. :Poke:

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

My routine, is having no routine.

That shit sounds horrible.

19. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I wished I could have a routine. The closest I can get:

Late arrival to a mostly shitbag hotel

Get a room with an a/c that sounds like it’s grinding up live cats

Calm down/surf IPad for about 30 minuets then fight to go to sleep anywhere from midnight to 3:00 dependent on the level of jackassery that day.

Get woken up by some drunk skanks carrying on a conversation outside my room door. Insert earplugs, curse skanks.

Wake up anywhere from 6:30-8:00 by the hotel cleaning lady screaming down the hall at her friend. Extra points if said screaming is through a walkie-talkie at full volume.

Eat a protein bar and head to the hotel “gym”. Curse the flaming assholes that travel the country stealing 1 ea 35,40&45lb dumbbells. Cardio on a rusty elliptical that sounds like it’s grinding up live cats.

Work more, fly home, walk in to the wife saying,”your whole life is a vacation.”

Repeat..

Metalhead likes this.
  20. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I tend to take the kevin spacey route from American Beauty. Punch the clown in the shower and then the rest of the day is down hill.