1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Russia seems awfully anxious to show off some of its latest hardware between the cat and mouse with the submarine we were unable to track and successfully jamming our drones in Syria.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're absolutely right. There is no need to reply to your trolling. Insulting you is just an amusing sideline to pointing out your trolls for what they are.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing remotely new there. We do the same thing. Long way from actually trying to take out a US Navy ship which would be a declaration of war - and Putin is goofy but not stupid.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

The Russians absolutely do not want a shooting war with the US. We will chew them up on a conventional battlefield.

The nuclear battlefield is a different thing though.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

It was a BBC reporter on NPR talking doom and gloom about the Russians and I forgot that the Soviets put missiles in Cuba and shit their pants when we found out.( we didn't know this at the time obviously)

I was just wondering.. dang, what if Putin actually said screw it I'm getting old and going to take a shot at the US to see if the US has it in them to make this a big war. I think it's smart they are trying to make the strike a "French/ British/ US" strike. No one can beat those three

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Mike, you might want to rethink that. Over the past eight years of Obama bowing, scraping, and drawing red lines in the sand that were not enforced, our image as a paper tiger has grown immensely. If we sit on our hands when another country militarily attacks us then we might as well pull all our troops home and call it a day.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

The current scenario is the exact reason God created the Tomahawk missile. :D

Thirty seven sounds like a good round number. LOL.

Fire away.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Here we go.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I hadn't noticed where anyone had attacked the US, perhaps you could enlighten me as to who that was.

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Shit. The news is talking about how Russian ground forces and aircraft are mixed with Syrian forces. Collateral damage means escalation.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Maybe LyinPutin should get them away from Syria's chemical plants.

speeddaddy likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Russia had no problem attacking a position where they knew we had troops.

14. Lawn Dart

Sounds like they're targeting airbases mostly.

15. Lawn Dart

When was this?

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Was war with Russia what you guys were hoping for when you voted for this fucking clown? I guess now we just wait and hope they don't retaliate.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02...proval-preceded-attack-on-us-troops-in-syria/
    They aren't "Russian forces", but they are Russian forces. The Kremlin knew full well what was going on, it was a specific poke to see what they could do to us. This group is supposed to be elite and thought they would run right over us. They were wrong and got their asses handed to them by our regular troops.

19. Lawn Dart

Interesting - I didn't know that...

Twitter is crazy at the moment. There's an aggregator account (probably one of many) called "Intel Crab" that basically correlates different sources from around the world. The account posted video of an incoming missile about 10 minutes before the news.

Multiple reports that the US hit a Hezbollah base near the Lebanon border. According to one guy, that would be the first ever US attack on Hezbollah. It also sends a message to Iran (who earlier today said that their airspace is open to Russia if things escalate.

Also, Russian jets scrambled from Latakia. There's actually a tweet that gives the inventory of Russian jets there - SU-24Ms, SU-25SM, SU-30SM, and SU-34 (shows satellite pictures)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

This should keep the internets abuzz for a bit.