1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do have to say I really like her :D

2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Strikes going on, allegedly targeting Iranian military sites. Also, possibly Israel doing the strikes...

There are navigational warnings in place south of Cyprus for April 15 as well. Currently, we have a drone in the air around that area and the Navy was nearby as of yesterday. Sounds like round 2 is on the way.

3. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Israel has been doing a shitload of strikes for a while, one Israeli plane was shot down a few weeks ago.

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I completely agree. If this nation feels that it is time for a woman to lead I would put Nikki first in line. :flag:

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Totally - I just said that because it wasn’t reported “who” was doing it. Reporter from a newspaper in Jerusalem was confirming the story though.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If she ran, the left would be digging for any dirt possible, including making shit up. They HATE women that aren't square on their plantation.

SGVRider likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They hate everyone that isn't them. And I'm not to sure they don't hate themselves.

galloway840, cav115, brex and 2 others like this.
  8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nikki Haley is a triple offender for them. She’s a woman and a bi-racial minority. They would do anything to tear her down. The left believes that they know what’s best for the brown man and woman and everyone else they consider to be part of the poor downtrodden minority they protect. Nikki just obviously doesn’t know where her interests lie... The left’s philosophy is a new age version of white man’s burden.

Don’t be unsure that the left hate themselves. They hate themselves more than anyone. How else could they be so virulent and evil?

badmoon692008, blkduc and brex like this.
  9. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

What I would prefer is to stop getting involved in the Middle East altogether and to not get in pissing matches with other superpowers. Fuck, we've been at war in that region for over 15 years, is it ever going to be possible to let them deal with their own shit and stop being the world's police?

Having said that, I will also say that it looks like Russia isn't going to retaliate and if it doesn't lead to the shitshow that seemed inevitable, I admit I was wrong with my previous post. I don't think we're completely in the clear because Trump is a fucking idiot and I'll never trust his decision-making, but hopefully between his advisors and our allies they can help him not start World War III.

Btw, not every Trump hater is a Hillary supporter. I would never vote for either of them.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's funny you keep hating his decisions yet they seem to be working with NK and China and now Russia....

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's tough to learn that conventional wisdom isn't

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So is it all false flag horseshit? Wouldn't be the first time

kangasj likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I wasn't asking who has attacked us historically for col, I was asking who just attacked us that merited attacking Syria in this time frame we are occupying right now.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Would those of you who think that Assad was responsible for a chemical weapons attack please explain how he is better off today than he was a few days ago when Trump announced he was leaving?
    How has having his infrastructure bombed improved his position?
    Who wants to bet we are now not leaving for many years?

kangasj likes this.
  15. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

The bombings were two days ago, the tariffs were a month ago. I would say it's a little early to tell whether any of them are going to work.

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

We’ll never leave the Middle East alone as long as that sweet ass oil is still an economically critical resource. With increased development of domestic energy supplies, new materials science and space resources we’ll probably see the importance of the Middle East fade gradually this century until they’re just a minor annoyance.

Constant warfare is the new norm. We’re probably simply not going to have real equally matched state on state conflicts anymore. There’s no advantage for a superpower to gain. However, war by proxy and drone will be constant. The 55th President of the United States, who probably hasn’t even been born, is going to be bombing both terrorist and state actors in the Middle East on a weekly or daily basis many years from now. Only difference will be the names of the people we blow up and the weapons we use to do it. #55 is going to have some cool ass hypersonic cruise missiles and kinetic impactors fired from orbit. We can’t leave the Middle East, and we won’t. The constant low level warfare to contain their threat is the best we can hope for. I don’t think America will ever let a threat like Al Qaeda rise again, better to kill them in the cradle.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It got them to the table....

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sadly, it's almost always been America that rocked the cradle. Ho Chi Minh during WW2... Mudjaheddin(sp?) in Afghanistan, etc, etc

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think it’s weird that everyone wants to go to war even though there is no direct threat to our country but building a wall isn’t important.

turtlecreek likes this.