1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Apr 9, 2018.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

your daily dose of dead babies.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-43686157

Reports of over 150 dead after a chemical attack on a rebel held base. Reportedly a mix of chlorine and sarin gas. What a wonderful way to die.

Interesting this comes on the heels of Trump trying to pull out the US military. Russia and the Syrian government are saying the chemical attack is a lie - just like last time.

2. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

There are a couple (actually more than a couple) of leaders that need to be gone. Assad is one of them as well as the short, fat guy with the fucked up haircut that resides North of the DMZ in Korea!

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

What we need is a Mesiah in charge leader to step up and inform Syria that we are drawing a red line and they best not cross it or else.
    Oh wait, never mind.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The problem is that what history has taught us about the ME is that sometimes when you kill the psychotic madman in charge the person or group that takes over is even worse...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So kill that one too...

speeddaddy likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They see our guy(s) as psychotic madmen as well.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's nice. Don't care.

8. Fonda Dix

Me neither.

It just reminds me of the "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter" saying.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

Trump will enforce the red line. And McCain is still a asshole.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We shouldn't be in Syria in the first place and a lot of different factions want us to stay. I completely agree that this gas attack was implemented by some of those factions in order to keep us there. Trump was talking about pulling US troops out, so why on earth would Assad or Russia do something so provocative?
    Trump is surrounded by hawks and obviously has a huge hardon for the military so he may just fall for this one.

11. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This must be fake news. Obama and Kerry told us that Assad got rid of all the chem weapons, and Obama drew two red lines...so this didn't happen.

Robby-Bobby, stk0308 and R Acree like this.
  12. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am with you on that but unfortunately gutless politicians and the court of public opinion keep that from happening.

13. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm sure we will be lumped into the "tin hat" camp for this, but I agree with this logic completely Obviously, we aren't going to know the truth, but just looking at it logically, there is no reason whatsoever for Assad or the Russians to perpetrate this attack at this time. We are already talking about leaving, and they want us gone. The only groups with any motivation to keep us around are the "rebels". I put that word in quotes because nothing is really cut and dry over there, just different shades of evil. I can't think of one reason why Assad or the Russians would authorize something like this...the Iranians, maybe, as I am sure they would love to see us bogged down in perpetual warfare in a proxy country, rather than directing our wrath directly at them.

14. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

It was staged by those who want to get rid of Assad. Trump just said we need to get out, then this, and you really think it was Assad?

kangasj likes this.
  15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Cereally, you don't think the Rooskies and Assad wouldn't hesitate to give a "...and the horse you rode in on". Cause they're all so statesmanlike an' shit.

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Putin isn't stupid. Trump leaving is what he wants.

17. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you are directing this at any particular comment, but I have no illusions as to the character of Assad and Putin, but they are also not compete idiots. We have been useful for them for the last several years in fighting ISIS, but they sure don't want us hanging around any longer than necessary. They also know we will retaliate because we did last time and any retaliation will likely be more severe than before. I just hope we take our time and make sure we are retaliating against the right people.

I suppose there is a chance this is another test of our resolve like the attack on the base we occupied a few months back.

I always prefer to look past the spin and look at motivations when trying to decipher the truth.

18. Fonda Dix

I hate the term "Trump Leaving"

His fat ass aint anywhere near there.

I know what you meant though.

19. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Where exactly do you get Sarin gas from? Do the US backed rebels have access to it? Iran, Russia and any left overs in Syria (That Russia was responsible to remove) would be the likely sources. Couple that with the reports that Syrian planes were detected doing the bombing run and just how much "evidence" do you expect to get? The bigger question is "Would Assad have the balls to do this on his own without the permission of his Russian and Iranian masters?" What then is the proper response?

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Its always baffled me as to why the feathers that need plucked, can't be plucked quite easily.