1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syria

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Apr 9, 2018.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah we’ve done some big stupid things too that created a bigger mess. We also created the Iranian problem among other disasters. Hindsight is always 20/20 though. I don’t think we could quite argue that arming the Mujahadeen (however you spell it, probably not any closer than yours lol) was a failure as the Soviet quagmire in Afghanistan played a significant role in breaking the USSR. We also had numerous warnings and opportunities with ol’ Bin Laden we didn’t take seriously. Nowadays I think we just pop a hellfire missile up the asshole of any potential jihadi that looks at us sideways even if he lives in the territory of a supposed ally. That’s just fine with me.

I wonder if Syria in 30 years will be some kind of sci-fi noir apocalyptic hellscape? My money is on they’re totally fucked. Poor bastards.

G 97 likes this.
  2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

They lied about Iraq.
    They lied about Libya.
    Why would we get the truth about Syria?

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Different “they” running this show????? No clue.

4. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Not really. The whole political party thing is theater when it comes to our globalist puppet masters.

MachineR1 likes this.
  5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I just read that the OPCW inspection team hasn't been able to verify chemical weapons are gone yet because the UN Security team was shot at earlier today. They're still on standby... If you believe there actually was an attack... Seems like conspiracists are claiming nothing actually happened.

6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

So, related or unrelated, I have no idea, but apparently Israeli missiles have hit targets in and around Damascus tonight - a little after Trump announced the Iran thing. Some of the missiles hit an Iranian convoy with weapons headed in the direction of Israel. Russian AF jets were spotted flying south over Syria at low altitude afterward.

Reports were that two civilians were killed in the missile strikes.

I hate it that US news shows no interest in this stuff - Fox, CNN or otherwise.

Edit: I lied, there's a story at the bottom of Fox News' page... under a mountain of other stuff.

7. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

For the Israeli perspective, Haaretz and Jerusalem Post are both good sources. The former is a liberal paper and the latter is much more conservative.

Not sure on a Arab perspective other than maybe Al-Jazeera.