1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never buy from Alien Moto!

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Feb 20, 2018.

1. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

Haha yeah, I should have added that, I don’t think I would send it back to them anyways if repairs or alterations were required. So the point is if I do ever get a suit from them then I have a suit now that can’t be repaired or altered assuming these materials are really that different or unique.

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Dude , I feel for you . They do not appear to be on the up and up . I just posted their response, and am not in any way defending them .

I had a similar experience with a company when i purchased some Black Teknora Racing sails for my 27' Stiletto Catamaran.... all sorts of contact with them right up till I paid I full , then they went Black .. would not answer emails or phone calls ..I was climbing the walls after I sent them $ 4500. Plus ..it took 3 times longer that they said it would , but in the end it all worked out.. hoping the same for you !

aftriathlete likes this.
  3. socal

socal Well-Known Member

What was the name of that suit maker that ripped off a bunch of Wera Board Members about 10 years ago?? Endless excuses and posts...

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Note to self...keep my son and myself out of drifting. :D

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

haha well if you ever move to this side of things, we'll steer you in the right direction. if you ever wanna give it a go out there, Alex is as good of a person as any to put you on out there. i find the sportbike/trackday/racer scene no different, dudes are just a tad older on here is all. same mix of garbage and rad dudes.

for clarification too (not that it matters), that 2nd dude was not a drifting dude. he was a vape-stance car show dickhead. he just knew dudes i knew when he moved here, and some drifters in TX we hang with knew who he was, which is how i got the whole story of that.

that first dude though... he was for sure an OG socal drifting scene smarmy piece of shit with a super duper japan fetish, and ended up moving there and making a life there, but we'll own that one. i still wish somebody would beat him up sometimes.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

So, I wanted to help and also sent out an email to the company. Seems as their response is scripted as it looks just like the message above. See my message and response below.

Too bad for your company the internet spreads information about companies rather quickly and efficiently. Looks like your business will come to a crawl, at minimum in the US. You should make things right when you screw your customers. The bad publicity will cost you much greater, then it would have cost sending the promised merchandise.

Hi,

We would never ever do anything like that, it would not only be morally wrong, it would also ruin our company.

We have had a few delays both with materials and shipping issues with lost packages, but most of all because of our owners long time in hospital because of the complications with his spinalcord injury after been run over and stuck under a SUV last year.

All customers that has been affected by this has been sent not only one, but many extra products, like boots, gloves, racing chains, oil, shift lights, disc locks, extra knee sliders, crash protection sliders etc as compensation for the longer delivery time.

Does that really sounds like a company who tries to rip anyone off?

Med Vänlig Hälsning / Best Regards

George

7. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Currently Lost

Sounds eerily similar to the Nigerian Prince scam e-mails. :eek:

Buyer Beware!

8. Exactly. Everything that I wear would still be worn if I had to pay for it. As a matter of fact, in most cases the support didn’t come till after I had already bought one myself.

Free or not, it isn’t worth taking the risk with substandard shit.

ekraft84 likes this.
  9. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Hazardous Racing? Or was there another?

10. Was it Ballistik?

Or “Biohazard”?

It’s hard to say, these new bullshitass companies pop up every day.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Hazardous hasnt been around that long and dont believe they scammed anybody?

12. Perhaps it was :):):):):):)

:D

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Instead of harping on the negative, what are the legitimate brands out there - honest to goodness, no "ambassador sponsorship" ties or someone who gave a "killer" deal on some startup. I'll start, in alpha-order:

Alpinestars, Dainese, RS Taichi, Spidi

Rev'It? Held? Pilot? Cortech?

14. Knox (gloves, back/chest protectors, gloves, undersuit armor, etc).

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Heroic has been around for a good length of time now.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Oh shit you young guys kill me. Vanson has been building suits in the good ol USA forever. Their stuff fits so fucking good ( I have one in the closet) and has tons of old school protection and crashes well. Vanson is famous for not being the lightest but something you don't have to repair after a weekend get off like some of the others. So the value is there, but again its a old school suit to some extent but if you walk away OK that's what matters.

And how many true American companies out there are making leathers here, Beuller, Beuller? Yea I thought so

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I thought Vanson shut down their US production a few years ago?

gixxerboy55 likes this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I spoke to Mike the owner at Daytona ROC in 2016 and they are making stuff in the US, and I just checked their website and the same holds true, made in the USA

20. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Aren’t their T-shirts supposed to be super absorbent?