1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never buy from Alien Moto!

Discussion in 'General' started by aftriathlete, Feb 20, 2018.

1. THIS.

I see them ALL the time on Facebook. Every other day there is some new custom suit or glove company (usually based out of Pakistan) and they swear they are great.

Then what happens is they will give a track day guy a huge discount or free gloves (that aren’t worth $10), then that guy goes online spreading bullshit through the motorcycle community.

They are SO anxious to go online and tell everyone how they are “sponsored” to try to seem like they are somebody special, and they push these shitty overnight companies to everyone else, while going on about how great they are to deal with.

Go through the TDJ group and I’d bet you could find at least 2-3 threads such as that, without even scrolling far.

2. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

[​IMG]
    Goddammit can't you people do anything right!!!

5axis, JJJerry, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

TurboBlew and Wingnut like this.
  4. t500racer

Murcielago311 and TurboBlew like this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Even some long standing companies will screw over customers....Going on 13 months now trying to resolve a custom suit issue with ..... First suit was so far off the mark I thought they sent me someone else's suit, had to double check that it had my name on it. New suit is promised..couple more months.....Not getting my hopes up.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

She has a Kraft tattoo on her neck and her Vaginator comes packed with Mac & Cheese :D

pickled egg likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

It's nice to see new sponsorship coming to the sport. :D

motoracer1100 likes this.
  8. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

aesthetically, i like the way that suit looks haha aww... sorry about your loss OP.

9. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Um.....I think we need the name of the company so we can gather the extra pitchforks and 3ft screwdrivers!

And a map!

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

ToofPic and aftriathlete like this.
  12. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

I’m not defending myself here. I got duped. And yeah that’s pretty embarrassing, especially for a military guy. I did a dumb thing getting caught up with them. These guys didn’t seem like a pop-up scam company, they had a booth at EICMA and got some online magazine coverage. And they seemed to have been recognized by PETA (which could have been a red flag by itself), but like I said, I turns out PETA wound up retracting that. Either way, they duped me. I asked them a question, and they aggressively sold me with some too good to be true promises, like free repairs and alterations for life, all under the guise that they were popular in Europe but looking to expand in the US market.

Obviously this was all bullshit, and they are pulling the same tactics on other unsuspecting riders. So the point of this post and the others I’ve posted around the webz is to make sure no one else is unsuspecting.

I was contacted last night through the Aprilia Forum by a forum member who is a HSI agent that would like me to send them all the info I have on my dealings with these guys. That doesn’t mean that because a couple people have gotten scammed that a major investigation is going to happen, but he said they can run names against databases to basically cross-check the names of all the “employees” I’ve been dealing with to see if anything gets flagged and at the least this starts the documentation. 3 people getting scammed ain’t a case anyone gives a shit about, but maybe 10 or 20 or 100 more people get scammed. Nothing is going to get my money back, so I’m not holding out hopes for a miracle by any means. But the more I can do to flag this company and raise awareness about them the better.

ToofPic likes this.
  13. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

If a suits msrp is below 600-700 buyer beeeeeeeeeesware

Cheap suit is just that.

14. aftriathlete

aftriathlete Well-Known Member

It wasn’t in this case. Custom suits sell for 1299 euros. But your point is valid anyways.

15. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

"CHEAP SUITS!"
    "mannn... how cheap?"
    "CHEAP SUITS!"

[​IMG]

also... with these companies... sometimes i'm not so sure its an outright scam as it is the person who tried to start the company is just a fucking moron and has no idea how to run a business and/or totally underestimated profit margins, how much cash to have on hand for operating, QC, logistics, etc...

you would see this dozens of times when drifting was first hitting america. some dickbag that sold cellphones in the early 2000's at the mall gets into drifting, tries to use his amateur used car salesman skills to make a buck because he thinks he identified an opportunity. knows a guy who knows a guy in japan so he tries to line up a container of SR20 motors to sell to all the 240SX kids. thinks he's got the market cornered because he cut out some middle man so his prices are competitive... half the motors are junk, some sat out in the rain in a yard for a year, missing parts, partner in japan disappears for weeks at a time, container gets lost somewhere halfway across the Pacific, deposits he took aren't actually enough to get things bought and shipped before he can actually collect the rest of the money and he doesn't have any of his own money on hand, he spent what he thought would be the profits already on his next venture then ran into problems with both, etc etc etc... for days. then the excuses come. then the communication avoidance comes next...

so i dunno man. i think more often its just shitbags that have no business, doing business, rather than some nigerian dude sitting in an internet cafe emailing people. result is still the same for you unfortunately, but still, i think it just boils down to... racing/cars/motorbikes attract a bunch of shitheads trying to make a buck that you have to siphon away from the actual businesses that provide quality work and product, and its hard sometimes in the digital age and easy to setup on their side in the digital age.

take this one other example: a LOT of bicycle companies (especially those using carbon fiber) get stuff made in Taiwan. Taiwan is generally known to have WAY better QC than mainland china when it comes to carbon stuffs and high end production. and STILL... these bicycle companies essentially have to have a full-time fixer, and/or full-time employee or partner, sitting over there in the factory every day, to ensure things are being made right, that QC is being followed, and that any problems that arise are handled asap. communication differences, differences in work performance expectations, variances from design to production... even at competent places, it takes a dude physically being there to ensure its done right. so figure that american/canadian dude is part owner of a company, or he's getting paid $60-100k a year from them to be there. unless your suit guys have a dude SITTING in afghanistan watching the suits be made... chances are, you're gonna have problems irrelevant to anything else.

5axis, Murcielago311 and aftriathlete like this.
  16. t500racer

Capitalization. It's a thing.

Banditracer likes this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

18. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Currently Lost

First of all, thank you for your service! :bow:

Second, I'm sorry to hear you got duped. Take it as a lesson learned and seek out advice from fellow racers at the track and here on the been before making a large purchase like that. There are many vendors and sponsors (at the track and on the beeb) that can answer any questions you have and point you to reputable sources.

When I was new to racing I had no clue (some will say I still don't :D ) so I always asked people at the track and they were always great. :confused: The beeb was just created shortly after I started racing, but now it has evolved into a wealth of information for new and seasoned racers.

Not gonna rip on you, but I will say thank you for the heads up and actually naming the name of the company to warn others who may fall into that scam. :)

aftriathlete and ToofPic like this.
  19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

These suits are a great buy for the money.They run a little big in my opinion,but gives me room to grow.:D
    Message Riders Discount here,and maybe he can give you a deal.They have had some great sales,and these suits
    crash well.I got pile drived,and not a scratch,but a lot of broken ribs,collarbone,internal bleeding,the usual man stuff:)

aftriathlete likes this.
  20. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

You mean you wont be wearing an Alienmoto suit in a few weeks at Roebling?:D

Mot Okstef likes this.