1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting global warming!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Jul 26, 2017.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

kangasj likes this.
  2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'm old enough to remember when we almost flipped Guam!

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You are completely clueless. Random redistribution of the planet's weight will result in an uncontrollable speed wobble, resulting in our world being violently catapulted from orbit.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

With the world's newfound sexual elasticity, we have a globe damper to keep our orbit from high siding us into deep space. :D

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

According to the Weather Channel website, it's currently 25 degrees warmer at McMurdo Station than it is here in NH.
    Maybe they're on to something.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well...it is "summer" down there....

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Somewhere, I have pictures of me running around Antarctica in a tee shirt. They were taken back when global cooling was going to kill us all. If the weatherman calls the next week about right, that's good enough for me.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

What seems to be happening with mankind is kind of like the little story about growing up on third base but thinking all the time that you've hit a triple. We've continued to evolve and by inventing technology that finally can aid in inventing more new technology the fast pace of new stuff thrown in front of us makes many of us think we're the frigging king of the Universe. We're still dumber than most fence posts but we just aren't smart enough to know it yet.
    In the news now the "experts" are harping about a "mini ice age" being upon us BUT, it's caused by global climate change. Personally, I'm waiting for someone to ask those experts a simple question.

The question is, "So what? Are you experts actually thinking that mankind has the knowledge and power to do anything about changing the climate of the frigging planet? Get the hell off your self built pedestals and start thinking of ways that mankind can adapt to the constantly changing planet?"

Even that question is very simple. We, like all the species before us, adapt. If the sea level rises, don't stand there and drown, MOVE! If the ocean keeps washing your patio away consider rebuilding a bit further away from the ocean or raising the patio next time you rebuild it. Why is there such an arm-waving panic about this?

(I would tell you guys what I really think about this subject except it would cause a bad case of hives.):D

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's easy to say when you're nearing extinction.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I take advantage of all things. If I'm sitting on the beach, and the water rises and others start backing up, I go swimming instead. :D

fastfreddie likes this.
  11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I tried to let this go as it isn't really relevant to the discussion, but fucking what?

If you could disprove that vampires exist I'd give you a cookie, but you can't, you won't, and yet, most people are logical enough to know that vampires don't exist.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They're not in the Bible.

Gimme my cookie!

:crackup:

EDIT: Upon a little reflection...

A vampire: died, came back to life, drinks your blood.

Jesus: died, came back to life, you drink his blood.

Not a perfect match, but enough to give you pause...

I guess your cookie is still safe.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Neither were dinosaurs :p

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

With so much ice melting and all the created water putting weight and creating pressure on the ocean floors while at the same time reducing the weight on the polar ice cap, we soon can expect something similar to this to happen.

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Explained in 'so long and thanks for all the fish' if memory serves me.

16. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

17. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Another example of they really don't know nearly as much as they pretend.

18. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

the difference is we have thousands of years of documentation and historical artifacts that are consistent with the bible, certainly more support than that of global warming...which continues to rest upon doctored information and "non" scientific data/processes to "prove" it.

as to vampires....they are the dead walking. Christ defeated death. slight difference. :) Happy Sunday!

Imnotfast, XFBO and G 97 like this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Christ defeated death....prove it...hold your breath for 15 minutes. I think you'll find death is still very much undefeated.