1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting global warming!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Jul 26, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You could do this

Or plant some fucking trees on these massive factories, they should grow beautifully since they're built on pure bullshit.

sheepofblue and cav115 like this.
  2. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

This is how they broke the sky in the Matrix.

_indy and Phl218 like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wouldn't it be simpler to just turn the thermostat down

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

I like how they reference Trumps pulling out of the agreement as a reason for targets not being met. Like all of a sudden the US is the worlds greatest polluter. Never mind that the US has it's own policies in place that go beyond reducing pollution at a greater rate than the pact does. But because Trump pulled out, it's his fault for the increase in global pollution.

Libs are funny.

Fencer, gixxerreese and Phl218 like this.
  5. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Also this little jab...
    :rolleyes:

Fencer likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Or you could just quit doctoring the numbers in order to extort money

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, Americans are the cause of all the worlds problems :crackup:

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

badmoon692008, cav115 and Skter505 like this.
  9. Lawn Dart

I sorta think its a crock of shit too, but there's some economic gymnastics at play here. I learned this in my BS Ecology course. When conservationists/ecologists do the calculations for a country, they total up emissions used, not only by the average civilian, but also by all of the services that benefit that civilian. In our case, we have more airlines and flights than anywhere else in the world, and we have a military that uses more resources than most in the world too. So, the total (estimated) carbon produced by the US military is divided by the estimated population. That number is added to your (and my) carbon score. That's why it seems so high.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Then they need to deduct international flights, foreign aid flights and military operations protecting other countries a$$es. In the interest of accuracy, which they have no interest in.

11. Lawn Dart

That's sort of why I think it's BS. First, its all an estimate - they have no idea how much carbon a battleship produces. Second, as you said, some military operations are in direct support of other countries, so how/why should they charge that to you and me?

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Because who is gonna complain but you and me and we don't count.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Let's fuck with the atmosphere as part of some experiment to see what happens...because we pick and choose numbers that say man is killing the planet by fucking with the atmosphere.
    These people need to be removed from the gene pool.

badmoon692008, gixxerreese and cav115 like this.
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And it is now just Carbon not Carbon Dioxide. They are to lazy to even tell the lie right while trying to embezzle funds.

R Acree likes this.
  15. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

GotDammint :mad: , I've been waiting for this sea level rise for a couple years now since all the experts say it coming soon. Now all the property I bought won't be ocean front. :mad:

cav115 likes this.
  16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sooo. Western Arizona too huh? :D

badmoon692008 and BHP41 like this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Well I'll be damned. Wouldn't it be easier to just eliminate 45 Americans? I have a list here somewhere...

brex, cav115, Orvis and 1 other person like this.
  18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Could cover that with members of the Senate pretty quickly.

Big Sherm likes this.
  19. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cool. A future in which heavy metal is not just on the radio.