1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting global warming!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You but he ain't Christ.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

God helps those who help themselves.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As far as I know he failed to beat it as well. Unless he was just sleeping really heavily when they pulled the nails out.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tough one, I think there is a good argument that coming back to life is beating death.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Go to the south pole and head east.

ohwait...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Aesop.

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

we also have thousands of years of documentation and historical artifacts that either directly contradict or are surprisingly not addressed in the bible.

I'm also not disputing that some of the bible could be rooted in truth, many horror stories/movies have historically accurate information in them, because some people believed what was told in the story actually happened when they thought it was happening.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would think it would be the portion of the Antarctic Continent that resides in the Eastern Hemisphere, so over half the continent. In reality they are probably talking about the eastern most side of Antartica towards 90 degrees east or the Indian Ocean side.

10. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

not being sarcastic/rude.....I read it multiple times, but I don't understand your last sentence.

11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

For example, the horror movies based on Ed and Lorraine Warren's "paranormal investigations". If told with sufficient description, will be full of things that actually happened. The people living through those experiences genuinely thought their loved one/doll/whatever was possessed etc. They believed what they were seeing, it was documented, and will have truthful things contained within because they were in the same world as the rest of us. Just because JFK was assassinated while a "haunting" was happening, and is mentioned in the story, doesn't make the rest of the story true

Similarly, people believed that Jesus was a prophet, and in telling their stories of what they believed he did, and sharing what he claimed to them, there will obviously be true things also written down, as the rest of what they experienced was still happening.

To spell it out, if they claimed Jesus walked on water at a lake with two rocks at a 37 degree angle leaning against each other in a certain location (I'm aware this isn't an actual claim... well at least the rocks) finding a lake that has two rocks at a 37 degree angle doesn't bring any credence to the claim he walked on water, it just shows that the people writing the stories were at that lake when they believe they witnessed this "miracle"

12. turtlecreek

got it. thanks. i appreciate your perspective. i can see how this applies to anthropomorphic global warming quite well. :)

13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Does a miracle need credence to be a miracle? Seems to me that would kind of take away from its miraculousness.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Not for long, the Chinese are catching up as they raise to join us at the top.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

At the very least it was an amazing recovery...:D

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Let me know when you guys get this God thing figured out.

17. turtlecreek

John 3:16 does a pretty good job sir!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Hope that helps! :)

G 97 likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah? Tell your god to do something about this!

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I did what I could to help. It was 30 below at eork so I left my truck running for 4 days straight...:D

pickled egg likes this.
  20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bless you, my child. :crackup: