1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting global warming!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Jul 26, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The problem with science, now more than ever, is the field got infected by liberalism, those d'bags will do and say anything if they think it will move their agenda fwd.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Close, big poppa...but I clarified a couple things for ya ;)

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Seems like there was some law of physics that they should have applied to this stupid. Been too long.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I guess the ice sheets were weightless. So does this mean the extra weight will cause the undersea volcanoes to pop like a zit creating more land mass?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wowzers... Even if you accept the notion that sea level has risen the 80mm cited in the article, that would add a whopping 1.85 OUNCES per square inch to the base of the water column. 1.85 ounces per square inch won't crush friggin butter... Much less basalt.

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Next thing you know, these mindless lefties will claim we can capsize islands or something.

8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...nor does it's volume increase.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Volume decreases

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Turn up your hearing aid :Poke:

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Not unless you have said something worth hearing. I can see my batteries will last a loooooooong time now.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You could use wind power to recharge them. :crackup:

14. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I love george carlins stand up on it.

speeddaddy likes this.
  15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

They are taking about the ice that is melting off the land masses like Greenland, Antarctica and mountain glaciers. That weight and volume would transfer from the land masses to the oceans.

gixxerreese likes this.
  16. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I watch this guy suspicous observer hes pretty spot on meteoroligist. He creates contraversy because he studies the sun and uses that to help with weather patterns and earthquake predictions. Which so far hes been pretty right about. He also shows the warming maps and how they tweek them to make it look like the earth is warming. Funny thing is anyone could look at the map but they edit it and show it when they are saying its warming knowing we are all a bunch of lazy butts and wont google the original.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And would have almost zero effect. Remember matter is never lost. It only changes states. That water was once in the ocean already. No cause for alarm. The planet will keep on ticking without our "help".

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    brex and speeddaddy like this.
  18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yep. I didn’t say they were correct in their estimates, models and calculations. Just pointing out they were not talking about melting sea ice, so the talk of stuff like ice melting I your drink doesn’t really apply.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But then a corresponding weigh is lifting from the landmass. Using their logic, the land mass would then rise. If enough melts, it could become lighter than air and fly.

brex likes this.
  20. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

6B3BB739-8AE3-4968-A638-35A70F809FD7.jpeg