1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Ducati Panigale V4S

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything bad about the Aprilia V4's (other than lack of dealer network). I'd trust that proven platform over the first year Duc.

2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I know I don't go to many, but every single track day I've been to there is a RSV4 that won't start part way threw the day. My buddy had a engine replaced for a leaking shaft or something along those lines, under warranty at least but it still adds to my hesitation. I could never afford a new one anyways, so the first year thing isn't as big a deal.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My guess would be engine/crankshaft architecture, firing order, etc.

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

You think he understands a word you just typed?

cajun636 and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:Come on, man. He may not be able to fix them but I have to believe that he knows how they work. :D

cajun636 likes this.
  6. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

And I hate to say it, but in that you would be incorrect. :crackup:

renegade17 likes this.
  7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Aprilia v4 is certainly rather proven, although known to have some nagging issues. With the first year Ducati v4, you can all but bet the house on the hard parts being sturdy and bulletproof. The 'issues' that will come up will almost definitely being electronic. I.E. - TFT issues with lights flickering or condensation getting into them (although I believe those have mostly been sorted now), software update after software update for weird little things and changes. This is just the way it is now with such heavily electrical dependent bikes.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How much llamathrust is that?

Odilup likes this.
  9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Pffft...
    EDR will add a pipe and map...
    250hp ...

(On his dyno :crackup:)

Ride safe,
    AAron

Gorilla, cajun636, 5axis and 3 others like this.
  10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Brah.........I live less than 5 minutes from his shop, I can feel that horsepower from here! :crackup:

[​IMG]

5axis, Phl218 and DucatiBomber like this.
  11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I would like to shake the hand of the man who will hold that bitch flat out around Daytona....

cajun636 and Phl218 like this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do it before the attempt. You might not get the chance after.

13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

My bet is that the TC starts kicking in at high speeds. The tire starts to spin once the wind resistance gets up around 200 mph...

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

16. With the modern ones, between the 1199 and 1199R, that is applicable. But it changed with the 1299. With test riders the 1299S was able to lap just as fast as the 1199R.

Of course most Pro orgs don’t allow the 1299, but when they do, it is used. For example, Mike Jones raced the 1299S in ASBK (Australian SBK) rather than the 1199R.

But I am VERY anxious to see the R version of this V4. That’s why I haven’t emailed Robby-Bobby about ordering me one yet.

I might end up getting the 1100cc version, but I want to see them both so I can make an educated decision. I make a point of getting exactly what I want to begin with, because I hate getting something and then being like “shit, I wish I woulda got...”.

17. I wonder if they intentionally put a delay between the 1100 and the R version so they have time to figure out what tweaks need to be made.

For example, the original 1199 had severe geometry issues. Then when they came out with the 1199R, it had different offsets to address them.

18. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Oh, don't do that to yourself. Pick up the phone and have one delivered to you. The sooner the better :D

Phl218 likes this.
  19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Wasnt there a guy racing a Ninja H2R there?

20. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Exactly! Then let the bidding war for the 1299 begin!

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.