Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I was thinking they went up a little. Like

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought they had. I'm in no hurry... just want to know the low price to wait for

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Got about 120 hrs on mine and it's been nothing but awesome.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

My kids not even racing right now but I'm tempted to buy that one at three hundred bucks since my 2000 Yamaha and 2400 Yamaha walked away.

Anyone on here tried one of these yet?

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

My local track has power, but for$300 it can probably be useful for other events/things.

Totally on the fence, even though I don't really need it.

Sent from a smatrphone

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Just checked.

Yup they're still pieces of shit garbage and everyone hates you for running them.

Razr and t500racer like this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

8. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

How do you figure it's quieter? 3600 rpm single cyl screamer, zero acoustic panels or enclosure to try and limit sound. They managed to run unicorn piss in it to quiet it down?

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Just changed the Oil in my 2 Yamaha 2000 Is's.... Oil looked new.... I like the 2000's Piggy tailed together... Served me well this season... I am having issues with my external tank though... I bout some fancy caps to make it work but it does not draw like the Honda's... Anyone know if there is a fuel pump in the Yamaha's like the Honda's or do I need to elevate the tank? All breathers and lines are free... Tried it a couple times and couldn't get them to draw the fuel...

10. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

On my Ryobi 2k Gen, the fuel tank has a separate vent hose coming off the tank (vent isn't built into the cap) that has to be clamped off in order for it to draw from the secondary tank. Maybe the Yamaha has something similar?

11. Tristan

I know my Yam 2K has the vent in the cap

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That I need to check out.... Sounds like that might be it.... Thanks!!!!:beer:

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes both caps have vents..... But the new ones I have don't but the Auxillary tank does....

No Brakes likes this.
  14. Tristan

Pretty sure there's no secondary vent, closing the one on the cap will shut the engine down in a minute or 2 and you'll get a big whoosh when you re-open it

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I get that emailer too...$300 for the 2000w inverter. Can't hardly go wrong with that. Buy 4 of those for the price of a Honda 2000.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yeah but when connected to direct lines with a closed cap going to a separate 6 Gallon tank with a good vent is where the problem lies... they wont suck the gas like the Hondas do which makes me think they don't have fuel pumps like the Honda's

17. Tristan

You could add a cheap inline fuel pump... I wonder if the 12V output on the generator would be enough to power it. Never tried to add an aux tank to mine but it would be nice.

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Yep, mine is going strong as well.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

On my Honder I think I had to modify the cap to get it to draw from a boat tank. I used really small fuel line too. Maybe 1/4?

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would take a flyer on an inverter no name brand for 299 before getting that style. They maybe great, but most I've seen are louder than the inverter style.