1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I can't even hear my shit running over all this thunder around me which some of its 50 yards away.

Mines a friggin Honda the only thing other than a Yamaha that should be allowed through the front gate!

Exhibit A: guy has 1 fluorescent light going and his generator sounds like a lawn mower at full bore and I'm 30 yards away.

Just because it cost $299 at lowes and is 7k watts doesn't make it a good generator. Respect for others flew out the door long time ago with the ME broke ass society. FWI my Honda 3000 is so quiet the couple next door in a cargo trailer are not even bothered by it and it's basically 20' from their trailer. It's a non factor because it's in Eco purring at 20 hours on 3.4 gallons of gas at less than 58 DB.

You get what you pay for people and so do the ones who have to endure it.

KneeDragger_c69 and RonR like this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I seem to remember someone mentioning this before

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I always considered sleeping in the paddock kinda like living next to railroad tracks.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I seem to remember someone mentioning this before

GixxerBlade and bleacht like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

why are they running them at night?

6. roy826ex

Its ridiculous, like I said I'm on one cause I'm in a 30' toy hauler keeping my battery up and fridge going and that's it. But my Honda is not even a issue its idling and cannot even be heard over this thunder. Hell you wouldn't be bothered by it if the thunder generators all died off right now. A couple are sleeping 20' feet away in s cargo trailer and my generator is not the issue. It's a Honda for Christ sakes.

The guy with the loud ass contraption has 1 friggin light running over there. Cheap generators only know one speed and that's loud ass lawn mower loud.

And the website is screwing up, as bad as I wanted to post 3 of the same threads it's not what I did the website did it.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well if he's fixing his bike go help him, then tell him to turn it off and go to sleep!

BrentA and Wade Parish like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

So I guess I'm gonna start mine now even though I am on power :D

But true, sounds like a mining operation around here ...

9. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

It's actually not too bad down here at pit out. Oh yea, I have an ear infection and can't hear out of one ear.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO. Try camping in the Valencia MotoGP pits in a tent! I would have gladly welcomed a $299 generator 3' from my head.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

A hotel room is cheaper than a Honda generator.

S.bryant.H400, VFR#52 and turbulence like this.
  12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You can buy a Honda generator for $1,000. You use it for 10 track/race days and sell it for 900-$950.

You buy a hotel at $100 a night. You do 10 track/race days and spend $1,000. You can't sell anything because you have nothing.

Yep, no doubt, hotel's are definitely cheaper in the long run...

Gorilla George and dsmitty37 like this.
  13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

You will eventually get used to it. It's like a vacation from thoughts.;)

Of course, this is just petty shit compared to that freakin siren going off at Roebling.

pefrey likes this.
  14. ped

ped Banned

They make these things that go in your ear that blocks out noise. They're pretty cheap.

Failing that you should offer them to plug into yours since neither are using much.

turbulence likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

or a dude starting his mini to go to the shitters at 5:52am. (Like right now)

kjohnson and SWAT_Spyder76 like this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It's 6:00 am on race day. If you aren't up getting ready for the day by now, you're behind, Phillip!

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Slacker. I woulda been up for 4 hours checking over my bike by flashlight and cussing out the sun for waiting so long to come up. Plus I would have already peed like six times.

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Yup. Wakey, wakey. First call. Group G grumpy, expert and novice. :D

JustaNobody likes this.
  19. roy826ex

Ear plugs in still hear it and it ran all night long and no working on a bike was involved. It did run out of gas briefly around 3 am :cool:

Meanwhile mines still quiet and sipping gas and all my immediate neighbors like me :D

Motel room, what's that? I have not stayed in one in years. I like my clean bed and no carry on critters back to my house. As for cost of a generator mine get used for other things besides powering a toy hauler. Both Honda's are pretty handy tools to have around.

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

How did i miss this class at registration?