1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A bike flying by is music, and old loud genny is like a rusty screw entering your eardrum.

2. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

My god, why didn't we come up with this already?

V5 Racer likes this.
  3. t11ravis

Succinct and perfectly stated. :bow:

4. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

For anyone looking, I just picked up (the last one for awhile, according to them) a 3100 Watt Champion Inverter/Generator for $799 at the local Rural King. I'm sure other locations may have some, but it's quiet and powers my trailer's A/C and warmers, etc. Also will be used for more hurricanes :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

t11ravis likes this.
  5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Serious question - what are people powering after dark?

I have never run a generator for anything other than warmers, and maybe a foreman grill to cook dinner.

Anyone who can afford AC can afford a goddamn inverter...

Chango, Razr and MELK-MAN like this.
  6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

LOL, the thought has been there, have no fear. Lack of space is the biggest impediment (pic is of the PA load we take to the vintage festival, note the lack of room for motorcycles).

[​IMG]

t11ravis likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

refrigerator, tv, cable box, sat receiver, router, fan(s), lamps, etc.
    Youve got to stay tuned for the weather report madness!! (just kidding)

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I just searched "Portable AC power supply" on Amazon and found several results starting at $50... As much as I'd love AC in a hot trailer, a fan and a screen door would make life tolerable.

You can charge the power supply off the generator all day, and run your fan and rope lights all night. I'm actually surprised this isn't standard practice in the majority of enclosed trailer setups. Seems super simple and cheap.

9. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Until you come to Barber or Tally in the summer

Robby-Bobby, Phl218 and Killswitch like this.
  10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Then get a hotel, or an inverter generator. I just don't understand how anyone thinks it's "okay" to be so inconsiderate. I've said it multiple times in this thread - I have a loud, inexpensive generator, but I go out of my way to minimize the inconvenience that causes anyone else. I'd rather be sweaty than rude.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I was in no way being a proponent of loud generators, I was just explaining that you weren't going to sleep in any sort of relief at Barber with a fan. I have two Hondas that power my sprinter van and it's heaven.

12. t11ravis

I kinda remember the big PA at RA a few years ago. You had like Neil Diamond or someone like that blasting.

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just like the crap genny's the horn is to be pointed AWAY from your pit and as far away as your cord will reach. A secondary (higher quality) music source may be pointed toward your ears.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No, that was a little rig. Dits was in charge of programming that night LOL.

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Barry Manilow.....here we go.

TurboBlew, t11ravis and V5 Racer like this.
  16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Your trailer needs a trailer.

TLR67 likes this.
  18. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

I have one. It's quiet for sure. I do have some starting troubles sometimes, have to pull the cord quite a few times. Runs tire warmers no problem. I also bought mine from a store-return at a super-discount, so starting problem may have been the reason...dunno if they all suffer that.

19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

20. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I recall a few people getting the newer HF 3500 recently, last month I think.
    Any short-term reviews?
    @Wheel Bearing I think you said you were going to be using yours, did you get a chance to put some hours on it?

Chango and badmoon692008 like this.