1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loud ass generators are not even remotely friendly

Discussion in 'General' started by roy826ex, Feb 19, 2016.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes I got 2 New Caps like these.... Still does not work... https://www.ebay.com/i/202101971058?chn=ps

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I guess I'll find out if these are any good next week. The website said I should receive it before the 10th when I placed the order. Granted I've never owned a generator before because I'm cheap, but if it breaks within the first month I'll certainly announce it so everyone knows to get the tacticool pitchforks out.

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  3. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Tried the same with a Durabilt brand. Looks like a Yamaha knockoff. I'm pretty sure it's gravity feed even with tank vent style cap. Haven't got around to setting up a small siphon pump. My belief is Genny half full use a siphon bulb to get fuel started to Genny from aux then tighten Genny cap. Should hold till aux tank empty but Aux tank will need to be higher than Genny. Also if air leak develops gas goes every where.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I got it because it comes with a 30amp plug in.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Predator 3500 is on sale for 689 at HF is that a good deal, is everyone still happy with there’s or look elsewhere?

6. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Do it. Still love mine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ajcjr likes this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I looked at one. 57dbs is pretty impressive.

ajcjr likes this.
  8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I got this back around the 10th I just didn't actually take it out of the box. Partly because it didn't come with oil, but mostly because I'm lazy.

I finally fired it up for a few minutes tonight. There may be an instruction booklet of some kind, but it's so easy even a guy from Arkansas can figure it out. Adding the oil was the hardest part, but it came with a funnel to make it easier. It started on the first gentle pull, which was kind of surprising. I was expecting it to take two or three decent pulls, so having it start so easily was kind of a bonus.

As far as noise, it's been so long since I've heard a Honda or Yamaha that I can't directly compare, but it seemed pretty quiet to me. It's definitely quieter than either of the motorbikes (03 SV650 with a slipon and an 06 gixxer 750 with a slipon) idling. The tone was also lower than I expected, but that could easily be because it's been so long since I've heard a generator running. Economy mode toned it down as expected. And the fan I plugged in came on, which is also nice since that's what it's supposed to do.

All in all, for $325 shipped to my door, I don't have any complaints about this Home Depot special.

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

$659 now, don't recall seeing it lower

ajcjr likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I was going to buy one, but it wasn't CARB compliant, so they wouldn't ship it to me.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the HF 3500 very soon.

Still good reports? Website still has them on "discount" at $659, but my local store never seems to have them in stock.

12. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Still good. Buy it

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Do it. Use the 20% super coupon.

14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

They can't technically use the 20% off with the Predator line, so if they run it, you got super lucky. But they are not required (or supposed) to do so.

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

if it's anything like my local store, find out what day they get their deliveries and get there early.

I picked up a 2kw model and happy with it. will end up with a second one at some point and the kit to tie them together. easier to move around, and I'll figure out the best way to feed them both from an oversize tank if I need to.

16. NemesisR6

Picked one up yesterday. Going through the break-in. Changed the oil after 15 minutes and will do so again after 8 hours, then on the regular schedule. Got the 2 year no-hassle warranty just in case.

Quieter than my Honda 2000 and runs my toy hauler a/c with 12.5-13 amps still to spare. Very impressed so far.....

A68FAFA2-0117-4BF7-B52B-A97D06682BA2.jpeg

17. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Does it have enough juice to run warmers and the AC at the same time?

18. NemesisR6

Easily one set, yea. 12.5-13 amps is about 1,500-1,560 watts. A set of Chickenhawks draws about 1,150 watts.

19. skee

skee # 358

Looking to grab a generator....considering the 2000 series in the Honda or the Yamaha. I notice the Yamaha has a little larger fuel capacity. Is there anything that makes one the obvious choice over the other???

20. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Well, if you’re like my 6-year-old you would choose the Yamaha because his favorite color is blue. If you’re more like my 4-year-old then the obvious choice is Honda because his favorite color is red. Other than that, they are both great generators that will last a long time if maintained properly.

Edit to add: I chose the green one from Home Depot because it was on sale one day for $300. It has worked both times I’ve started it so far.