New Tax Reform thread

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Dec 19, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You're dead to me

sheepofblue and G 97 like this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just pretend they're little brains when you eat them.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love brussel sprouts

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You can have my lifetime allotment of them...Hate, Loathe, Dislike them little fkkers.

R Acree likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why? They're yummy.

Were you raised with them being cooked to mush? Then they're nasty.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

R Acree likes this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I have tried them every way people who like them cook them... Nope.. not a food item for me.

9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

They evil smell vile. My Sheltie Sca investigated everything as food. There was food then maybe food. He would have left brussel sprouts uninvestigated as dirt.

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

No octane boost, and I've not seen anything that says it's cleaner burning.

87 octane E10 is still just 87 octane.

R Acree likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

You aren’t looking very hard then or haven’t been around long. How old are you anyway.

Ethanol contains Oxygen, gasoline does not. They used to include an additive called MTBE into gasoline to oxygenate the gas which made it burn more efficiently thus reducing emissions. The down side was MTBE is very nasty stuff and is very toxic. All of the things ethanol is not.

Since ethonal naturally contains an abundance of 02, it’s a very good oxygenater for gasoline with out being toxic. So you get more efficient combustion, reduced emissions and no increase in toxins.

Ethonal has about a 100 octane rating. Not to bore you with the math but it is blended with a lower octain rating gasoline to achieve the 87 rating. It also gets a little more interesting because when it is blended with gasoline it actually behaves or performs as if it were 102 octane.

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Oh, I remember MTBE, and the snowmobiles it destroyed and people that got sick from it.

Ethanol does contain oxygen, but not enough to be an effective oxygenator over comparable rating straight gas.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

:confused:
    You really need to do some research on ethanol.

Ethanol contains roughly 35% oxygen. It’s a very good and effective oxygenator. It’s ability to be used as an oxygenator is probably its greatest attribute.

Not sure what you mean with your statement of “over comparable rating straight gas.”
    Straight gas does not contain oxygen, this is one reason they blend ethanol with it so it does have oxygen.

But don’t take my word for it, or the EPA’s or the renewable fuel group.
    Here is what Sunoco has to say about.
    http://www.sunocoethanol.com/ethanol-expertise/ethanol-facts

Oh and a piece from some prominent university.
    http://blog.pennlive.com/naturalliving/2007/03/ethanol_is_it_the_best_solutio.html

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You get cleaner burning but less energy so you have to use more of it. How is that more efficient?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

o_O
    Come on man. Don’t just “Broome” the thread. Take some time and actually read it prior to posting. :D

16. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Fuck ethanol, nothing good out of it. :D

Britt likes this.
  17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

IF it is so great and "Oxygenates" so well makes "Power" "Burns Clean", why hasn't it replaced all the HighDollar RocketFuels in Racing....? (VP should be filing Bankruptcy soon) After all it is cheap, plentiful, safe, hell it is probably good to bathe babies in....LOL :)

Old Article, but worth a read:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-ethanol-scam-20110323

From another good article :
    http://e360.yale.edu/features/the_case_against_ethanol_bad_for_environment

Apart from the scientific evidence that ethanol-based particles in air can kill people and make them sick, more recent scientific analysis links corn for ethanol to declining bee populations, with potentially catastrophic implications for many other high-value agricultural crops (almonds, apples) that depend on these insects for pollination. A recent study found that declines in bee populations are greatest in areas of intense agriculture in the Midwest corn belt and California’s Central Valley, both of which have few of the flowering species, such as goldenrod, that are so important to bee survival. “These results,” the study noted, “reinforce recent evidence that increased demand for corn in biofuel production has intensified threats to natural habitats in corn-growing regions.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Leap to incorrect assumptions much. :D

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

20. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Trying to stir some life into this BS....you're not helping much ...bring some REAL BS....like it cures STD's or something.

(You didn't read either of those articles did you??? )