1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

How do you know there's no actions from the people that took a knee?

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I don't know about all that. Cite: Mike Vick. He was as nuclear as you could get at that point. But teams thought he could help them win, so they took a flier on him. If they're winning, fans won't be driven away, if history tells us anything. I gave an example of one side. Can you provide an example of a dickhead winner being run out? I honestly can't think of any.

Regardless, I think we're mostly in agreement. All said and done, I think most teams just don't see the ROI of Colin.

SnacktimeKC and jase like this.
  3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Nope. They will be busy trying to figure out how to get themselves out of this mess and increase ticket sales.

I don’t anyone really thinks they WILL be fired, a lot (myself included) think that they SHOULD be fired.

But this is the NFL, where felons are welcome with open arms.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Reading comprehension is your friend. I did not say none. Try again.

6. In Your Corner

Okay, let's talk about those things.
    What exactly would you like to discuss?
    That some of our history is negative?
    So stipulated.
    What more would you like to discuss?
    What racial issues still need to be "settled" and how shall we accomplish that?
    Moreover, toward what purpose are we dwelling on past injustices here?
    Slavery bad, Jim Crow bad, it's been admitted and rectified and we have moved on, so what is the problem?

7. In Your Corner

He's using the alternate "backup" story.
    If it isn't one excuse, it has to be the other.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

If this is all about the First Amendment protections, why are there rules about how they can celebrate a touchdown? Why can't a player express his First Amendment rights by showing support of his Second Amendment rights? Why aren't players allowed to say negative things about officials or the league? Why are players forced to attend media sessions, and forced to adhere to a certain dress code?
    Why aren't there any yeller Ferrari driving lawyers (or even CTOs) clamoring to help the players' cause? It's all their First Amendment right of expression and the league is the man keeping the black folk down!!!

bleacht and dtalbott like this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You feel its been rectified. you have moved on. That doesn't mean it has been solved or that the conversation is over. Our founders wrote that all men are created equal and that we are all afforded equal rights. This is a massively lofty goal when we have a nation of large cities,endless mid-sized cities, suburban sprawl, country-lite, farmer/rancher country and wilderness - all of which are made up of people from various backgrounds ethnically and religiously.

It may really suck to come to grips with, but you don't get to say that you have moved on so the conversation is closed.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So what gives you the right to state it hasnt?

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Because so far, none have been arrested for burning down anything or looting anywhere... or killing any cops... YET.

12. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He has to wait for SNL to do a bit first to give him the truth.

blkduc and BHP41 like this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Brex- you hit on my issue as much as any of it. I'm pissed with the league. They stand behind this bullshit full stop. But, a player wants to honor the other side of the coin ... nope. Dallas requested to wear stickers honoring the fallen officers ... nope. Players want to wear cleats and stuff honoring the 9/11 fallen ... nope. Either you support their right to free speech as a whole or you don't support any of it. This is simply the NFL cherry-picking a political side, which is just wrong. Shut up and play football.

Potts N Pans, dtalbott and brex like this.
  15. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

You both sound ignorant.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Well that was a lame response, You are Ugly and a Bigot..Good Day.

turner38 likes this.
  17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

From where I'm standing (or sitting) there are two elements involved with this falling to their knees BS which, if halted, would result in all of it going away. Both elements actually gel into one. The best that I've heard on the protests comes down to them protesting the supposed suppression of minorities by society and the fact that Trump is outspoken about the whole thing. No one had anything to say concerning Kapernick's going to one knee until it surfaced again with Trump's tweet. All hell broke loose after that.

The second part of the equation is that some players continue try to cram their demands for equality down the throats of everyone else. Both are reasons to raise hell, yell and cry. All the protesters have to do is shut up, live their life as good productive citizens with no demands of anyone else, and stop paying attention to Trump's ignorant tweeting. I think life would be so much easier after that.

I dunno, maybe I'm dreaming of something that can never happen. :(

18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I think there is some more details that needs to be put into the "All men are created equal" portion of the Declaration. Yes...at the moment you are farted out of the womb you are the same as anyone else that just got farted out of the womb and therefore equal. The guidance you are given, the knowledge you gain and the effort you put into achieving what you want will shape where you end up and that doesn't have dick shit to do with nationality, race, color or the amount of peanuts in your turds.

dtalbott likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Might want to check that mirror Jase.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Equal potential, equal rights, equal opportunity. NOT equal outcome, which seems to be the goal of the lefties.

V5 Racer and crashman like this.