1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. I never said he didn't get beat. That wasn't the point.

Tonyp425 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - although some of that was riding his ass off to overcome better equipment :D

3. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Sounds like my entire racing adventure...

Good or not, pros or cons of this idea/class MA has released, Im going to throw all cards in and chase the series! Travel the country and do my best with the best. Wether local talent or well known names, i could care less whos on the grid, they straddle a lwt bike, you better believe I'll work my ass off to win!

I've talked with Beth, talked with the best engine builder on the East coast and answered phone calls from support that are willing to help in anyway, there's no reason not to race MA! I've always said that if the next level offers a twins class, count me in! I've raced WERA, CCS, Ahrma and even CVMA on the west coast and have won at everything I've tried. Time to try at something else... At the same time, I'll be at WERA events still running club races simply because there's a chance to win suzuki money and plus doing the N2 Endurance.

12 of the 14 years of racing, I've been on and SV. Why? Cause I'm middle class and thats all I can afford. I've raced 600's, even did a full season of endurance on a 09 ZX6 under my team name. Did well and almost won a mwt championship against ZYVAX. Never really like the inline 4, wasn't fun... Thus the reason I race an R3. Like Broome racing a Grom, just fun . Apologize for being an ass Broome!

With all that said, Everything is for sale! (After the GNF of course) Gonna build a new SV so it'll be eligible for money. And essentially cause it's the only thing I know how to ride and plus, to kindly bitch slap whatever big hp decides to grid with me! Also in efforts to raise money, I'm bring the Ghetto shirts back! They'll be pricy but at least you'll know where the money is going! Support if you can.

Hate me or like me, just give me a thumbs up and wish me luck!

I would like to add, through my years of racing, I like to think all of my SVs were less "clapped" out looking than the rest. And be assured the new one will be polished for every event!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    ahastings, vance, vrod4hire and 19 others like this.
  4. That's awesome. I know you will kick some ass and I wish you the best of luck homie. :beer:

regularguy and ghetto customs like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Great news on the shirts and your bikes have never been clapped out. The van maybe but not the bikes :D

Cam Morehead and ghetto customs like this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

If I could get within 10% of the leaders times, I'd enter an MA event just to say I did. But, those days are over for me. :(

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno until you're back on track.

8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

True, but my expectations are very low. Just getting back on a bike will be a huge win to me. Don't really care where I finish.

G2G, scottn, SuddenBraking and 6 others like this.
  9. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

In my opinion, this will not be a HP class. In my 20 years of activity in the LTWT classes, the fastest bikes and best lap times have been produced/ridden by very talented riders on bikes making 72-75hp. The SUZUKI CUP series proved this over and over again.
    It will be a great class with full grids and it will be dominated by 5 -7 riders consistently. HP will have very little to do with outcomes.
    Most will be shocked and humbled with the results from a well set up/ handling LTWT bike.
    If the purse is good, I can see some riders from existing MA classes getting involved, if this is allowed.
    A very talented rider on a SS LTWT bike is extremely dangerous.

roaring toyz and cajun636 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally understand. But I know you :D

11. DirtyDawgR6

DirtyDawgR6 Active Member

MA has provisional tech rules on there website the Junior Cup and Twins class.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/competitor-info/

Have not read all of the Twins stuff, but the Junior Cup is pretty limited. It looks to be about the same as WSS, but you can adjust cam timing.

Does anybody know what Dunlop charges for the spec tires? Curious in what the cost is for the Alpha 13 being used for the KTM class.

Steven

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The twins class has pretty superbikey rules.

grasshopper likes this.
  13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Looks like they are going to let them play on the twins.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Stock bore/stroke but lots of bits can be changed out.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

says the guy with a 90hp Hawk.......:)

5axis and ekraft84 like this.
  16. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So, why must catalytic converters be removed from the exhaust?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Fire danger with belly pans?

18. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Different tires?

19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Nope. Dunlop didn't pay all that money just to have some SBK SV go faster than the 600s on good tires. :D

20. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

I was a 240 lb racer competing against 160 lb dudes.
    Plus I ran Daytona a lot LOL

roaring toyz likes this.