1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica changes for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by rcarson15, Sep 9, 2017.

1. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Because it has a 44cc advantage over the SV..................... put those 44cc in SV and you have a different perspective.

and if you put top caliper riders who are riding in high RPM, it'll also make less of a difference. Slower riders need that mid range torque cause they are well...slow

2. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

AP is now molding the bodywork himself.

3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I built an AP supersport bike that Joe now has. It's no different than an SV in respect to a supersport build. Find a used or salvaged bike, add suspension, bodywork, and tuning. Parts are definitely not as cheap as SV stuff has become, but that will happen in time.

4. MA needs more spectators and manufactures need more sales. They both have the same problem an aging group of riders and spectators. The fix is to attract new riders to buy bikes and new spectators to watch races. MA and the manufactures need each other to accomplish this goal. As has been said new/young riders can not handle the total cost of 600/1000s when you add insurance. They can afford 300s and LTW Twins but they need to view these bikes as cool and manly (no offense to our lady riders). If these bikes are raced and shown on TV to potential buyers as serious machines they will be cool to own and ride. The sale of these bikes go up, the manufactures return to racing and a new younger group is brought into the sport. As most of us know once hooked on this sport you don't leave for long and you purchase more bikes and more expensive bikes as your income allows. As Mongo said this is good for everyone: MA and WERA. To me racing is passing among several bikes/riders and once they are hitting 100+ mph all racing is good racing. This sure can't hurt to try!

5. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I wonder where bikes like the Kramer, a Paton, or a Tig Craft framed special might fit in. Have to see the rules like was said before.

6. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Those bikes wont be allowed.

7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Cost us 11K to build SS FZ, that is with buying brand new bike from dealer.
    Just bought salvage one which most like will be SB.
    I still consider sv better bike overall.

Scott S. likes this.
  8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That is the problem with them and why I never liked it or want to build one. There is no future for them outside afm for few years. People rather build that than buy of the showroom bike.

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Looks like you still don't have a clue too.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:D

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That you could beat Parrish while riding a 600? Consider me skeptical. Whatever it is you do I expect you to keep posting up those :crackup:things you are so fond of in response to your own wit. :whoosh:

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Given the money how much of the Suzuki and Yamaha parts are unobtainable? Could a Jordan come back in and buy the shit needed to run for wins (given an A rider and a crew that could tune it) in Superbike?

14. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Damn Garth always coming in and pissing on the lighweight parade.

Is the rule book out yet? Spill the beans MA

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jordan could have done that in the first place. He would have had to put the money in to develop the team and bikes just like Yosh did. What he wanted to do is come in and buy their hard work and they wouldn't sell it to him - so he bitched. I've never understood that. JU's team doesn't buy Yosh bikes, they build Team Hammer bikes.

Nothing is unobtanium coming from the factory that others can't buy. Find the right people and pay the money and you too can build everything Yosh or Yamaha has built.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  16. DirtyDawgR6

DirtyDawgR6 Active Member

It seems that MotoAmerica has some intelligent people steering the ship. I highly doubt that they made the decision to add the 300 and Twins class in a vacuum. I would suspect that they have received input from the manufactures. From a marketing perspective, you want to spend your advertisement money on the products that make the most profit. The manufactures appear to be investing more in developing and bringing to market the smaller displacement bikes, which would lead you to believe that this is the segment making the most money. It would be logical for them to want to invest marketing funds into those units.

My opinion is that the current 600/1000 bikes all appear to be the same for the average spectator / bike owner (our potential buyer). For the average person (not anyone on this forum), there is probably a similar issue with the 600/1000 as with the current NASCAR. There isn’t enough differentiation for the average person to help them readily identify with a particular brand, because they all look and sound the same. Hopefully, the new classes will help to bring some diversity in appearance and sound that can attract more fans, riders and potential racers.

For race organizations, this could potentially help to convert more street riders into racers. I am not in the motorcycle industry, so I don’t have the data. However, it sounds like smaller displacement bikes are being purchased at a higher rate. This would correlate to a higher potential rider segment to convert to racers than the current inline 4s.

Steven

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Naw man. Some seem to have short memories that's all.

“If you guys don’t speak up, you’re going to be watching a bunch of piece of crap motorcycles ridden by second rate riders,” he said, later adding,

“Hopefully we’ll be back next year riding the biggest fastest bikes in America.” - Mat Mladin.

And this was just in response for a possible proposed Superstock rules package. I know this is not what Moto America is doing, just that superbikes are on a whole other level than lightweights. He had some other simular choice response when the Daytona 200 format was changed to 600's.

I don't have anything against lightweights per se. But let's not pretend that they are on the same level as a liter superbike like some want to believe they are. To each their own I guess.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. While I'm all for some good shit talking, there should be some context.

Matt (418) hasn't raced in years. He went a long time without even sitting on a bike.

But he was good for :34's at RA even as a Novice. He isn't slow, he is just rusty.

418 likes this.
  19. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Rusty still got beat by a clapped out SV on a horsepower track

rcarson15 likes this.
  20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

As Kyle Wyman proved this weekend!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017