First female enrolled to BUDS

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cortezmachine, Jul 22, 2017.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That's no proof at all.
    Again, it's bullshit.
    Who taught you that crap?

2. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No surprise, as has been noted many times most people don't make it through.

cajun636 likes this.
  4. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Luke, thanks for the link.

The article mentioned a Female Engagement Team (FET). Does anybody know what an FET does? I will google it, but I would be surprised if someone here doesn't have first hand knowledge. Maybe they would like to share that knowledge?

Oh, by the way, kudos to the chick that attempted the training. And to be more precise, kudos to anyone that has attempted it.

Joe

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The FETS can't exist, women have no place in combat except as nurses :D

6. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

From the little bit of searching I have done, FETs aren't combat oriented.

They are seem like they are part of the 'hearts and minds' campaign.

Still would like hear about some first hand experience with this group.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You speeled hards rong.

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Too bad. Someone lost their spot so she could "make history".

Yay for all the progress though...

crashman, Fonda Dix and auminer like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Going on your assumption that she wasn't qualified for BUDS (which maybe she was/wasn't)...

What if no one lost a spot at all? Maybe she was like one of the EV/future concept slots at Le Mans?

11. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

There are more applicants than spots. For that argument to hold water, we'd have to believe that she was more qualified than all of those men who didn't get a shot. The early DOR doesn't make a great case for that argument.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If she was first out then we could make that assumption, but was she first out in this class? And even if she was, someone always has to be the first and there aren't any multi-page threads on those guys. I don't like the idea of compromising any fighting aspects of the military, but I also don't necessarily believe a woman couldn't potentially be more fit than a male candidate. I'd be gone before lunch on day one headed down the shore for some Mahi tacos :)

dtalbott likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

This was their first, much-watched attempt at having a woman go through this course.
    We can assume that it was commanded that they find a female candidate to admit, so we can also assume there were other men who scored higher.
    We can also assume that she was the very best candidate they could find, since the people behind this are trying to prove a point.
    What does it say that the very best candidate they could field dropped out in three days?

14. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

A woman can definitely be more physically capable than a man. Look no further than the Crossfit Games. Those women are incredible, and much stronger than 90% of men.

The problem is, when auditioning for a spot in the SEAL teams, you're going up against the 1% of most physically capable men in the military, so good luck with that.

crashman likes this.
  15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I still believe what I've always believed as far as women in combat is concerned. Yes, there are women that can kick the living hell out of most of us guys, there are most likely women that, if they desired to try, could pass the SEAL training and do very well. Women (just ask Sarah about this} when giving birth, can do the equivalent of a guy stretching his anus over a #2 washtub, and she can survive it admirably. We men would do a complete meltdown. We all get that but, it still comes down to the possibilities, and even probabilities, that placing females in a combat unit populated with men CAN result in romantic attractions. That is not conducive to completing the assigned mission without the possibility of mission failure. That is the bottom line in this scenario.
    That's all. I have spoken. So shall it be. :flag:

16. In Your Corner

I've heard this so many times and it's such bullshit.
    Both sexes vary widely in their ability to take pain.

turtlecreek likes this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am pretty sure that the old baby cannon is designed to stretch out for child birth. Evolution has not equipped men to accept a Maytag up their ass...

Potts N Pans, cajun636 and R Acree like this.
  18. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

It is no assumption that she wasn't qualified for BUDs. She dropped out prior to getting to it.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Even with 9 months preparation.

crashman and dtalbott like this.
  20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And every male that DOR's has to live with the fact that he took the spot of someone who might have passed.