1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Ohio Legalize Pot

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Razr, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

I value my B.S. more than my M.S. But that's a different topic entirely.

As a regular citizen who recognizes we have a problem with modern day policing please stop discounting the impact these laws have on the public perception of your profession. It's important to realize that there is a correlation between ripping the windows off someone's house for a mistaken Hibiscus plant, or jeopardizing someones future potential for employment over a temporary intoxicant, and why people have an immediate aversion to law enforcement.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Do we really have a problem with modern day policing, or do we have a problem with snowflake lawbreakers?

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I can see that. The police do not make the laws. Your premise requires me to believe that the subject demographic is incapable or unwilling to adapt to lawful behavior and, further, that they would not pursue other profit making ventures of a dubious nature if weed were legalized. That's a bit of a stretch.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

BTW, it is my opinion that the laws have been slow to change because of the money on both sides. People are profiting quite handsomely selling and enforcing.

6. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

This thread demonstrates one of the biggest hurdles on the track to legalization... the lack of honesty. Stop making stupid straw man arguments such as "the laws are unfair to blacks or "it's for medicinal purposes" and come clean. You like to smoke it.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'd say it depends which side you ask. One mans problem is another's opportunity.

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

The reality is that it's all 3. You can't tell a parent of a child with seizures that new high CBD strains don't help and the historic data is there for prosecution. But yeah, some people definitely prefer to smoke and relax instead of having a drink or whatever anyone's vice may be. It does annoy the <all four letter words> out of me that we allow the alcohol and pharma industries to spend millions on anti-legalization and the police are made to ultimately do their bidding through the lawmakers raking in campaign cash. Same applies to privatized prisons and any other place we allow conflicting interests to drive policy.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Soooo let's review.......... you have a decent amount of education in your arsenal cuz you shared that much, you manufactured a false point to argue, you failed to back up your complaint about two specific points made aaannnd now you're adding even more BS to bellyache about.

Assuming you fit into that 'regular citizen' class, I can assure you, you are completely clueless about modern day policing.

10. Chino52405

There is absolutely no doubt about the commitment and empathy of many officers who I have met or interacted with in various capacity. I also have absoltuely no criminal record yet have had a gun pointed at me 3 times in my adult life - all by police officers - and once in my house where the impetus to come in guns drawn was "an open back door" at 7:30PM in the summer...The "private citizen" will judge the response of the best officers to the actions of the worst, right or wrong, no different than asking muslims to speak out on extremism. My personal problem with law enforcement is the loyalty to the brotherhood over loyalty to public safety and intrests.

SuddenBraking and R1Racer99 like this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If that "private citizen" judged ALL black folks based on the worst actions of a few, right or wrong, how would they be labeled???

12. Chino52405

I see black people on the news every day appealling to those in their communities to end the viloence. The point is LEO officers NEVER do that. The closest I have ever seen was the police chief here talking about "reviewing procedures" after officers caught each other in cross fire and fired toward houses in a neighborhood - and that response only happened based on the video footage that made them look like bumbling idiots. Off duty officer punches and kicks a young female bartender who cut him off - no outcry from FOP. Off-duty officer kills two teenagers while driving drunk - no outcry from FOP. In fact, the only thing I have seen LEO decry in unison are officers who don't give other officers a break. Such as the Florida State Trooper run out of Florida for pulling over Broward Co. Police Officer doing 120mph.

13. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

You've been making the same arguments here for years now. It doesn't change the fact that the harsh realities of the Drug War help give cops a bad rap.

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Criminals give cops a bad rap. Who whoulda thunk it :crackup:

R Acree likes this.
  15. pickled egg

Ya know, I haven't seen nor heard of any electricians going SJW if one of them drives drunk and kills someone. Something should be done about this!

Let's start a focus group.

16. Chino52405

When and if an electrician shows up to investigate the accident scene of the drunk electrician - then you might have a point. But what you just said was absolutely stupid.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup: Actually, you got a pretty good hold on stupid comments. Do you know the #1 problem that plagues (poor) black communities (besides crime)?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses?

19. pickled egg

Sickle cell anemia?

20. pickled egg

Hold on, you're pissing and moaning about the cops not holding press conferences and vilifying a cop who drives drunk. Now your issue is who investigates?

How about you make *an* argument and stick with it, see if you can actually win one before you start playing the "yeah, but" game.