What is the Ultimate retired racers sportcruiser?

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, May 16, 2017.

1. caferace

caferace No.

Nap. :D

To put it in context, I lived in Northern California for the vast majority of my life. None of the roads (and some of the people) are straight there. If you're touring across the Midwest you want a waterbed to further dull the senses. I'd prefer something that had more edge grip.

-jim

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Burgman 650 in that case.

I kid, but a Tmax is on my current short list.

TurboBlew and pscook like this.
  3. caferace

caferace No.

In that case, I'd get a late 70's Vespa P200E and build it to a 223. Because two-stroke. :)

-jim

KrooklynSV and TurboBlew like this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I bought a 2nd Gen Bandit (the B12). Does everything I want it to; well, in a straight line anyway:D Seriously though, I've put new springs in the front and eventually a GSXR rear shock and she'll be fine. I really wanted an FZ1 but I was afraid I'd be back to old tendencies with it. A lot of good that thinking did as I pushed the B12 over 140 on the X-way last weekend.

Heck, I rode her to work today

[​IMG]

Banditracer and caferace like this.
  5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

So close, Street Glide :)

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

FJ-09 with affamaket errethang /endthread

Empire00 and Past Glory like this.
  7. caferace

caferace No.

Over the years having worked track days, I've seen a bunch of sport touring bikes at Sears Point which is not a friendly track lean-angle wise. But I've seen guys out on FJR's, CBX-1000's, Various flavors of Harleys, and once even an XLCR. Many sparks were in the air.

-jim

8. Sause01

Sause01 Member

I've got it already, BMW K1200s.

The problem is that I'm not a racer yet... so needless to say, it's for sale to fund my racing dreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Tristan

You're clearly smarter than me. I sold my FZ1 years ago cause I knew I'd eventually get in big trouble, and now I'm back on something that has 20 more HP and weighs a ton less. An FZ or FJ9 would have made more sense, but hey- what's the difference in being busted for 50mph wheelies vs. 100 mph wheelies? Jail vs. Superjail?

beac83 and rd400racer like this.
  10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Sportcruiser?
    There's only two to choose from, V-Max or Diablo.
    Daily runaround, go anywhere on the street sporty bike, VFR.

Razr likes this.
  12. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

If you want a sportbike, buy one. If you want touring bike, buy one. If you want a bar hopper, buy one. If you want a super motard, buy one. If you want a dual sport, buy one.

My 157rwhp Concours 14 sucks off road and gets really heavy once it is past its tipping point but man the pull and the howl once past 5500rpm is a riot. No chain maintenance, takes any kind of rubber you want to put on it and keeps you in the wind protection in the winter and dry in the heavy rain. Throw the bride on the back and rip off some miles

TurboBlew likes this.
  13. Tristan

A valid point, but I doubt the Vespa is gonna cruise easily at 90-100 and hold a weeks worth of groceries. And the 2 stroke points are nullified by the hipster demerits.

14. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

BMW k1300s, anniversary edition. Comes with all the goodies, quickshift, rearsets, exhaust, full luggage set, electronic adjustable suspension for passengers, heated grips, cruise control, etc.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I used to hate on them a lot, until I rode one. Comfy and handles surprisingly well with some mods. Not sure about carrying anything though .

Razr likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Hey guys... its been 10 minutes, Ill have to stop for gas again...lol.
    $1300 to extend the fuel range another 60 miles over the stock 90 mile range.
    Its fun for picking on Vtwin'd bikes in acceleration contests and leaving black marks away from stop lights.

GSmann likes this.
  17. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Are we still talking about the bike?

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

This.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, it can also lead to this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XFBO and TurboBlew like this.
  19. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

This. His race to retire ratio is about 3:4698725. At least Morris went at it for a few decades.

5axis likes this.
  20. henryw3

henryw3 Member

Not a racer, but I really like my Diavel. Problem is it goes through rear tires fast

Phl218 likes this.