1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will they burn baltimore?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I might doing some assistant coaching for the peewees next season.

I actually prefer watching womans lacrosse on TV over dude's anymore. It's been sped way up and with the shot clock being brought in, it'll be even faster.

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

There's always the "what ifs." I wonder what, or where I would be if I had stayed in my hometown. Do any of you ever wonder where you would be if you had made that one different decision decades ago? :)

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

OK, now we know. Since you never made that decision then you must still be living in your parents home. :p

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don't ask him what's in the freezer...

6. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Mom's severed head?

7. joec

joec brace yourself

Im so glad I took off just after high school. I should have stayed away. The world, and even this country, have so many great things to offer. Getting out to see them is such a great experience.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely. I made a single decision one day to help a friend of my sisters move that led directly to where I am now. I could have said no and my entire life would be different. Can't say better or worse but definitely different.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ha! I had two options I was seriously considering at graduation time, 1) join the military (Marines) and 2) pack my Chevy Nova up with all my belongings and head out west (final destination =Cali), then precisely a week and a half later, I experienced my first MC crash severely dislocating my elbow.....well, that changed everything.

10. joec

joec brace yourself

Everything I had fit into my blazer at the time..it stayed that way for years until I got my first motorcycle.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Each of us has made hundreds of decisions that have irrevocably changed not only our lives, but the lives of everyone with whom we interact in the sequence we chose, as well as those we would've affected had we chosen differently. Sometimes we don't even know what a monumentally life altering turn we made at the time, or ever.

I have a couple I'd want to have another go at... but then again if I'd chosen differently then, I wouldn't be here now. I like here and now.

Orvis likes this.
  12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Same here. A buddy asked if I wanted to go to vocational school, and I said yes. Met Colleen there, and I'm in the trades still. However, I was thiiiis close to joining the marines. I do often wonder how that would've panned out. Or if I'd just headed West for the hell of it.

Like auminer said, I like here and now tho.

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Life is full of what ifs. If I hadn't married my ex, she wouldn't have introduced my to her friend. Her friend got me involved in the Jaycees organization where I ended up meeting my current wonderful wife. Weird how things work some times.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

15. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Instead of going West, I joined the Marines.

Wanna trade lives for a bit so we can see how things would have turned out had we made the other decision? :)

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Just think, if we all chip in and buy an old Delorean we can maybe make a time machine to take us "back to the future" (so to speak) to see what kind of alternate life we might have had. Anybody got any extra translucers or whatever those things were?:D

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ha! I'll call you next time I'm at my wits end.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Talk about short trips...

Venom51 and Metalhead like this.
  19. joec

joec brace yourself

Its a trap!

20. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Flux capacitors and 1.21 gigawatts of electricity will be needed....so hit the stores for plutonium while supplies last

Orvis likes this.
  21. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've always been good at tests, took the ASVAB and had a Marine recruiter calling me for a year or more :D Almost went into the Ohio Guard, they must have been full in 87 because they didn't take me since I was 240 pounds at 6'4"....

22. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I definitely wonder if I'd have been able to make it as a Marine. Oddly enough more the mental aspects than the physical, even my fat ass can get in shape with enough exercise.

23. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Alright, I'm tired of reading this thread title. Either you fuckers start some fahrs or I'm sending an army of trannies to redecorate your barracks! :Poke: