Can't believe i live next door to these assholes.......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cpettit, Mar 26, 2015.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, what do the heck are the gay people in Indiana doing to receive the attention? Do they have I'm gay tattooed across their foreheads? Doing the private stuff when they go into businesses? I would guess if you're not advertising or doing anything too crazy how would people know? I don't really care about this. I suppose it's kind of along the lines of that CEO who got fired because he didn't support gay marriage. The militancy and gay pride parades have kind of turned me off to giving a shit about the gay stuff. Just do what you do behind closed doors and don't ram it down peoples face. Kind of like what straight people normally do regarding their sexual preferences...

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

No. The State makes me feel unwelcome by enabling and APPROVING of it's businesses and individuals treating me differently because of their PERCEPTIONS of me, not based on any actual behavior on my part, but because of being perceived (or recognized) as part of a class of people they don't like.

Why would I support this foolishness?
    Why would I support any business that allows their state do do such a thing? If you aren't part of the solution, you remain part of the problem. By saying "it doesn't affect me" and doing nothing to change it, you agree that it's OK for this foolishness to exist. It's *NOT* OK.

Its not just the management/owner of Putnam. It's the hotels/campgrounds, the restaurants, the gas stations and any other interaction I may have with any individuals while in Indiana.

In reality, I rode with NESBA and STT for years before folks began to figure me out. To most folks, I don't read as a gay guy. Most of those I ride with still don't know or care (as it should be).

But why would I willingly put myself into any situation where such foolishness *COULD* happen to me or someone I care about, and for which there is no recourse if it happens. Why would I go LOOKING to be dissed?

That is insanity.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I don't agree with most laws that get passed because I think they are not needed. That being said, I believe that if some imbecile wants to deliberately ignore a segment of his target audience due to their bedroom habits it should be their right. I also believe that as a privately owned business you should be able to hire people based on whatever criteria you feel is appropriate. If a business owner is stupid enough to deliberately limit his target audience or potential employee pool they will go out of business soon enough. Government tends to do more harm than good and this appears to be another one of those instances.

4. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

But youre also penalizing the businesses who support gay rights and welcome you...

How is oppressing business owners religious beliefs any different than oppressing a gay persons?

5. beac83

You have no understanding of how often heterosexual sexual preferences are crammed into my face. Probably happens 1000's of times a day. Advertisements, internet posts, news stories and their slants, etc.

Imagine if everything and nearly everyone around you assumed you were gay, and that that was the way things should be. Now imagine all advertising, marketing, community & family norms and expectations were that you are gay. But you are not, you are straight.

Now imagine that there is, among the population blatant hatred and fear of straight people, and that some use their religion to claim you have no place in society. And that by God's right, they should be able to treat you as badly as they want, because their religion says straight people are evil.

Now imagine how that messes with your life.

6. Whose religious beliefs are being oppressed?

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

So I joined this all white southern baptist church the other day and the preacher told us we shouldn't associate with blacks or jews. So I went to work the next day and hung a sign in my window that said no blacks or jews allowed. I mean.... it's my religion. I have a right to do that.

8. Interesting way of explaining it in a way that I could not. :up:

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

hahaha

apparently... we're dumb and this is over our heads. you don't get it bro. i don't get it. we're big dummies.

10. beac83

How do I tell the difference? How do I deal with those people and busineses that I have to interact with on the way to this 'welcoming" business who don't welcome me?

Imagine you are a white guy. You want to patronize a business that welcomes you , but it's 150 miles into the heart of a very unwelcoming non-white neighborhood. Would you bother, knowing that on the way to/from this business you like, you may be seriously harrassed? Is it worth it?

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

It'll get fun when a Muslim denies service to an unveiled woman...

Or something along those lines that isn't related to Christianity.

12. cpettit

Oh no, I totally get it. When the good reverend in Chicago tells his congregation whitey is the devil and they close down all those awesome soul food joints to whitey it's ok cause it's their religion.

And Muslims attacking christians.... that's cool cause their religion said so.

13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Affirmative Action Victims Support Group...

for when old whitey needs a shoulder to cry on.

14. cpettit

I can't wait till Billy Bob redneck with a speach impetiment gets kicked out of Applebee's cause he talks all gay and shit.

15. Like if there was a Chick Filet in Londonistan? :D

16. beac83

What about my rights to act on my beliefs? If my beliefs lead to actions that penalize & discriminate against others based on my perceptions of their beliefs/status, it's OK under this law.

In my view, its a step away from civil society towards anarchy.

17. This is the reason the law is wrong. People are more than welcome to practice their religious beliefs, as long as those beliefs don't infringe on the rights of others.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

So you're saying being exposed to advertisement geared towards straight people offends you? That's precious.

BTW, I don't really care if somebody is gay or straight. I don't need either crammed down my face...

19. beac83

No dear, that's not what I was saying.

I was saying that YOU are offended if you see something like that, or you wouldn't have posted what you did.

I've gotten so used to it that it barely registers anymore. ;) All the "show me the boobies" posts on here are amusing, not upsetting. Like watching a bunch of hormone-driven 12 year olds.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

OK Darling, I'm heading out to the straight pride parade. I hope they're wearing some really good costumes. Have a good weekend...And leave my avatar out of it...