Time run out for Herrin?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rob P, Aug 30, 2014.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

on "Yamaha" Groms would be fun :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My delusions? Such as? Feel free to quote my posts, nothing is ever deleted on here.

Your opinions are idiotic, hence me making fun of them. Especially all of those you post similar to this one where you make a statement that can/will never happen so it's totally useless as a comment and opinion.

Nothing can be reasonably inferred from totally different circumstances on different teams and different machines. You know nothing about the Caterham team or the issues involved, basing an opinion on such an extreme lack of anything is ridiculous.

I've yet to voice an opinion on who would do better because there is no information on which to base one. So I'm not saying one would go faster than the other, the simple fact is I have no idea and until there is more information that is actually comparable I see no need to guess.

3. It's idiotic to think that Hayes would score points on the Caterham bike? :crackup: Again, you're showing your delusions.

My opinion in this case is based on the fact that Hayes is, plain and simple, a better rider than Herrin.

Btw, there are entire industries dedicated to "guessing" what will or would happen in sports.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Seriously dude, check yourself. Until Hayes scores a point you're just promoting a fanboy opinion. Right now Casey Stoner, Valentino Rossi, Josh Hayes, and I have as many points on the Caterham Moto2 bike. Do we all belong on the Mt Rushmore of racing?

5. Assjuice, I don't recall anyone saying that they would beat Herrin in a race. Part of being a pro athlete is that you will be critiqued by the fans.

6. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

Hayes may be a better rider than Herrin but that assumption is still a leap. Hayes has spent the same amount of time away from top shelf, world class equipment and world class riders as Herrin. his results may be a step better, and more consistent than Herrins but scoring points in Moto2 on a lark is a big ask.

he had a good result in his wildcard race at Valencia 2011. keep in mind that Bautista torpedoed himself and two (might have been three) other riders out of that race which moved him up the standings. had that not happened (i know, ifs and buts) Hayden, Rossi and possibly Bautista would have placed in front.

7. So you think any of those three wouldn't score points on the Caterham? That's what most threads about gp racing are. "Fanboys" posting their opinions.

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think I'm not putting money on any of the four until they ride it. That bike isn't at the sharp end of a stacked field. Sure, some transcendent talents have taken those circumstances to the podium. But I wouldn't put my money on that scenario.

If it was easy then I have no doubt Herrin would be getting it done. If it was hard I think Herrin would be making more progress by now. I don't think I'd make any different assumptions about another rider. But I certainly don't think another rookie rider is going to walk into that team and score within 5 positions of Zarco. And that's my fanboy opinion.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  9. And I respect your opinion.

All I said was that Hayes would score points. Not that he would get within 5 positions of Zarco.

Malik, if all three of those crashed riders finished ahead of Hayes at Valencia, that still would have put him tenth. He also got 4th in a one off WSS ride.

Those are part of what I based my opinion on, but the main thing I based it on, is watching Hayes and Herrin ride the same bike against eachother for two years. In those two years, Herrin only got the best of Josh in a head to head battle once or twice, not including penalties or crashes.

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

So your saying hayes is better the herrin? What does last years championship standings say about that?

11. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I honestly got tired of reading all the posts.... Anywho, the bike in the picture is a Graves Yamaha YZ250F that has been lowered, fairings installed, wheels/brakes installed, rear sets installed, etc. The bike was built for his middle brother, Zach, by his father, Phil.

The only comment I will make is I am so glad I am not a proffessional motorcycle road racer in America.... I cannot understand the obsession with trashing these guys.....

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that's why it's stupid to compare them - Hayes had better head to head results but Herrin still rode better for the entire season and won the championship. So guess from that you would say Hayes would do better occasionally but Herrin would finish better overall on the season. Well, that doesn't make sense either when you change them from bikes/series they've both been riding for a long while to an entirely different world. Hence it's not something you can make a logical or even sensical guess about.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't about grammar. That shit is physically painful to read. :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

While I find Stu's insights to be interesting I couldn't get past the first couple sentences :D

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I normally have a very firm policy of not even attempting to read anything that looks like that. I figure that since he made the effort to explain his point of view, I would make one too and read it. :D

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Hayes, is amazing.

Superbikes were "more mod'd" back in the Mladin/Spies era, but that doesn't mean those riders are anymore "super" than Hayes is right now.

If Caterham folds, I hope Josh Herrin gets into WSS or WSB as others have suggested, or comes back home, on a good ride.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't know what went wrong with Herrin's season and I'll bet cash that most of you don't either.

Didn't gel with the team, didn't gel with the bike, bad set up, bad mind set, too much partying, not enough partying, bad luck. . . who f@ckin' knows? I'm sure that Herrin would tell me (us) if I (we) actually needed to know.

I'm kind of tired of all this and I'm done with it. Good luck Josh, you're a good dude and deserve the future successes that are coming your way.

18. Nah, Herrin won the championship, that much is a fact, but to say that Herrin rode better for the entire season, is once again, showing your bias. Hayes started the season with two mechanical dnfs, so Herrin gained a huge point lead, but not because he rode better. Despite those dnfs, Hayes won 8 races and Herrin won 4.

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

That is not a fact, broham.

20. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Amen to David K's statements.
    Josh is a very good dude; he deserves respect for his accomplishments and another shot at international success.