1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Tyga has bodywork for the Grom. Tyga performance has bodywork for the Grom,

I want one bad.

2. That leads to the question i was asking earlier and i dont think it has actually been answered yet. Are these things safe (relatively) for public streets? Can they pull away from red lights with the rest of the traffic, are the brakes worth a shit, etc?

I dont know the original purpose of these bikes (why Honda made them). Is it considered an alternative to a scooter for city riding, or is it meant to be a toy and shouldnt be ridden on public roads?

I wouldnt take it further than about 10 miles or so. Just to the gym, post office and shit like that. Would it be good for that?

3. I have my moments :D

The thing is, they are cheap enough that it isnt that far fetched of an idea. I mean, it isnt like i would be trying to create a spec RSV4 series. It would obviously take some planning and coordination with WERA, I would try to involve a dealership and get some kind of 10-bike discount. I would talk to Van about having STG be a title sponsor for the spec class (help with race prepping them). Perhaps if it "takes off", I would get 5 more the next year.

4. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Here ya go Chris

Attached Files:

5. Holy shit! :eek:

Who makes all that stuff (bodywork/etc)?

6. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

Not sure, found it on hondagrom.net

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That thing is bad ASS!

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Probably Tyga. They make some nice shit for grey bikes.

9. Uh. What if I want a black one or a red one?

:D

10. Damnit, why didnt yall tell me the Grom had a digital dash?

[​IMG]

It is over.

11. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm being reminded of my teenage years and my KE100. I remember the day I got that baby up to 60... drafting a pickup truck going downhill. LOL

12. :crackup:

And I am thinking that is the fun part of such a little bike. First off, it is much smaller so you are closer to the ground etc. It is a different sensation. And there is no excitement in getting a knee down or getting our regular bikes to 50-60mph, hell they are still in 1st gear.

But all of those kind of things on a littleass bike would make me :D.

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

14. HMEN

HMEN Well-Known Member

yes they are street legal, they pull away from the lights just as good as the ninja 250, the brakes are ok but you can always upgrade :D oh and I got my to 55mph with my 230lb fat ass on it :eek:

15. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

There's very little profit margin in Groms.

16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Local dealer has 2 on the floor at MSRP. I actually thought they were a bit bigger than they are. About the same or just a bit bigger than my GSXR50.
    Cheers, Lee S.

17. dtalbott

We have one in the crate waiting for Honda to come get it next week, unless I win the lottery.

18. You are in Virginia? Is it Black?

19. dtalbott

Red, the color I wanted. Yes, in Virginia.

20. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member