1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

You couldn't possibly lose in a Grom race and NBA Jam all in one week ..

... could you? :D

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

:crackhead: just ordered 1500 bux worth of grom stuff. ohlins front and rear too, better get going Chris. :Poke: wife ordered driven rearsets for it last week. takes the total to close to 2000.00. LOL! driven sets can be swapped from std to gp shift too. :Putter:

Ski

4. Oh wow. :crackup:

Not unless the Miami Heat somehow pilot your Grom. :D

5. Oh man, this is going to be bad. I was looking at full exhausts, big bore kits yand Brembo calipers yesterday. Im going to end up with a WSBK spec Grom. :crackup:

But damn it will be funny to me. :D That is the whole point of it for me. That little bike is funny. I can just picture coming up beside somebody at a red light, or going through a turn lane or something on the Grom and ill start laughing. I am 10x more pumped about the Grom than i was the RSV4.

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

7. What does that do to longevity?

How many HP is that trans etc capable of handling...for a long time.

I dont want to get in a situation where i have refresh the Grom every year. Just saying that was funny to me. :crackup:

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Pfft, What does it matter what it does to longevity. Think how cool it would be to have that turbo whine and pop off valve sound at the stop light.

9. LMAO, good point. I get that from the diesel too. It is kinda loud after i did all of that shit to it. [/redneck]

Lora made a good point, before ordering one or buying one online, i need to get home and find one to test ride. I have made the mistake before of buying a bike i have never sat on and when i got it, i hated it.

10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

three weeks we will be at the dragon with ours. come over and ride it for the day. Ski

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Well played.

:D

12. :D

I want to get a picture of Livengood sitting on the Grom on the dyno. That will be funny to me. :D

13. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I've had my Grom for a couple weeks now. Took it out for a few sessions at our last track day and had a blast. So far just a K&N pod filter and full Yosh pipe. Super fun!
    You could go nuts with mods on these things. Everything is $300 or less, but even still you could easily double the price of the bike.

14. Oh for sure. I couldnt sleep last night and was just running through the stuff I will want to do right off the bad. Ohlins shock and fork kit, Akrapovic exhaust, big bore motor kit, PCV and custom dyno tune, Brembo calipers and MC, SS brake lines and different chain/gearing kit, aftermarket levers and rearsets, fender eliminator kit and flushmount signals. That stuff adds up to more than what the bike costs. It is a good thing the bike is so cheap.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  15. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Will you adopt me? My R6 needs some love while you're at it. I'll be a good kid and polish the bikes on a weekly basis, mow the lawn, take out the trash, all that stuff.

I even wipe my own ass! :D

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Don't forget the double-bubble to go with that MC...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, buy it and when you hate it I'll pay 50 cents on the dollar for it in credits for racing.

Do get the turbo ordered too :crackup:

18. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

This is a pretty sweet deal^

19. I am just quoting this for record, because if I don't like it I will probably take you up on that. :D

Or if I don't like it I might donate it and finally have my Overall Championship with whoever scores the most total points (combined, all of their classes/races added together, like other orgs do for their #1 plate) wins my SBK spec Grom.

20. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

are they manual trans? if so probably not a good pit bike to drag behind a tire cart with one had unless you rig up a hitch or something